Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Latest software version

660 Posts
77 Users
169 Likes
119.5 K Views
(@hansl)

You can see in the table view how it just stops at 5500??

Posted : 16/07/2023 7:57 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Newer software versions store more data before and after the run in the raw file because it needs more data due to an internal change. That is the reason it stops short when loading an old .log file. This does not affect reading a csv file, only raw logs. You should normally save runs in csv files, the raw logs are more to do there-and-then adjustments.

The RPM is still correct though. The two runs that are shown in the graph do not look like they are the same run. If they are then something is different in the configuration from when the run was made and the current config.

Posted : 16/07/2023 11:07 pm
(@hansl)

@admin Thanks for the reply and explanation Jostein.  They are indeed the same run, but with different numbers for Internal Dyno Losses.  I'm trying to calibrate my dyno to get the same results as a particular bike is getting on a Dynojet 250i runnin Winpep 8, which is pretty much the motorcycle standard here in the USA.  That way my data can be compared more accurately to other tuner's dynos.

Posted : 16/07/2023 11:47 pm
Jostein reacted
(@matteozanusso)
Member Customer

Hi,

tested lastest beta software last week,

it crashes after a dyno run, in the moment when the max power/torque popup must appear.

downgraded and wverything is working again as usual.

PS: in manual mode, isn't the brake on/of tab there anymore? it was usefull

thanks

Posted : 16/08/2023 9:15 am
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

@matteozanusso, thanks if you can send your options file to me and I can try to reproduce that crash. Go to this folder location: 
%localappdata%\Fonneland_Engineering_AS then navigate to 3.3.40 and send me (jostein@yourdyno.com) the file called options.config.

The Manual mode is different now. The brake can now be ramped up towards the Manual RPM set point. Once it reaches the RPM set point, the PID regulation starts automatically. If you click Manual start then it records data, but even before then regulation is active. The ramp up is very useful so the engine is nicely loaded by the time you reach the RPM set point. Earlier it tended to overshoot since the engine was unloaded until the start RPM, even if you turned the brake on manually. 

Posted : 16/08/2023 9:33 am
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

All right, folks! 

The new YourDyno software version is finally available, version 3.3.50. It is a big release with lots of new features and improvements, so make sure to do the upgrade when you have some quiet time without customers hanging over your shoulder. Check out the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9DweL6MdTE

Changes: 

• Support for different output types, including throttle and other controls
  • Improved setup for brake settings, with quick selection of default settings for different brake control types
  • Support for Sequencer. A sequencer is a table with time, target RPM, throttle and other channels that you can play back. You can define it manually, or let your ECU record a lap of a circuit and import this into the sequencer
  • Lots of new features on the gauges:
    • Support for Bar gauges, both horizontal and vertical
    • Support for Group gauges, where a group of channels can be combined into one gauge. An example would be 8 of EGTs, 2 or 4 brake values, 8 Lambdas, etc. 
    • More options on the gauge colors. Now you can set the background, foreground and indicator colors, to easily differentiate between the gauges
    • Support for different aspect ratios of gauges (tall or wide, not just square). This is nice in particular for Digital gauges and Bar gauges
    • Better alignment between the gauges
  • Support for alarms. Gauges will blink so an alarm condition is very easy to see
  • Support for Brake during retardation. This is a good feature for dynos with a lot of inertia, to speed up the retardation phase
  • CAN bus outputs are now enabled
  • New brake mode: Brake vs RPM. You can define a brake curve vs RPM. This is a "simple" brake mode, but very good when the dyno has a bit of inertia. The brake will slow down the acceleration and make for a very natural sweep
  • A number of small bug fixes and improvements

You MUST download new firmware to use this new software. Some USB extender cables must be removed during the firmware upgrade, so try direct connection if the upgrade fails. 

As always, any issues, let me know! 

Posted : 18/09/2023 7:29 pm
(@boz-race-engines)

Hi is this download suitable for all yourdyno models? cheers

Posted : 19/09/2023 5:50 am
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

@boz-race-engines, Yes, all blue boxes. You must upgrade the firmware by clicking the Upgrade to latest button.

Posted : 19/09/2023 8:22 am
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Folks, 3.3.51 is released. A small update to take care of a bug in the sequencer and MOI wizard. Better German translation is added too. 

https://yourdyno.com/YourDynoInstaller_3.3.51.exe

Posted : 19/09/2023 6:15 pm
(@bendd)

That's a great update, thanks Jostein.

I particularly like the ability to configure the analog output functions.

My blue box has an unused digital output terminal and I have never seen any mention of what this is used for?

It would be great to use this is a similar way to switch a fan relay, activated by a temp. input or keystroke etc.

Posted : 20/09/2023 12:38 am
(@six_shooter)

Something VERY minor, but just thought I'd point it out...

Looks like there's a spelling mistake on the gauge setup page. I'm pretty sure you meant "Alarms" not "Aarms", in the Note about "Aarms being off when RPM = 0"

This post was modified 7 months ago by Six_Shooter

Posted : 20/09/2023 11:18 am
(@olexiy-novoselov)
Member Customer

Thank you very much for the update, being able to rescale gauges is fantastic, screen space can be used much better. It would be nice to be able to add the option to save gauge configuration, to be able to load different templates as needed, for example i use different standalone ECUs with a lot of information sent by canbus to yourdyno, and every time i work with diferent ecu, i have to deactivate/activate and organize gauges again.

A small error that I have found is that the company image in the printing templates does not work.
Thank you very much again for all the improvements!

Posted : 20/09/2023 11:30 am
(@six_shooter)

On a more important note, I don't seem to be able to edit and/or delete a group of gauges that I created to test the feature.

However, when I closed the run screen and reopened it, the new gauge was gone. Other settings I changed also reverted to default.

(@six_shooter)

On a more important note, I don't seem to be able to edit and/or delete a group of gauges that I created to test the feature.

However, when I closed the run screen and reopened it, the new gauge was gone. Other settings I changed also reverted to default.

(@bendd)

Posted by: @six_shooter

Yes, I noticed this problem also when I experimented with gauge groups.

Posted : 20/09/2023 12:12 pm
Page 40 / 44
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar