[Sticky] Latest software version
Thank you very much for listening to our suggestions and making them come true.
Without a doubt, the latest changes significantly improve the usability of the software.
YourDyno software version 3.3.34 was released today.
- Two new plugins
- EMS5002 Gas Analyzer. This is a product from https://www.emsgas.com/ that gives you the HC, CO2, NOX,... Now you can get the data into YourDyno
- Delayed Channels. This is a plugin that enables you to create delayed versions of existing channels. This can be useful when looking at changes over time, in particular together with Math channels
- The mouse cursor is now displaying in all graphs at the same time. If you have 2 or 3 graph windows, you will see the cursor in all windows now (i.e. same RPM or same Time is indicated with a vertical line in all graphs)
- More options on the Secondary stepper motor. It can now be controlled directly by the RPM, or it can be controlled by the acceleration of the RPM, etc. Check out the Advanced options under the brake setup called DTS for more info.
- The Advanced mode for Load control is changed in that you can now set the Gain and Sweep rates directly in the RPM table, instead of using a multiplication factor. This is easier to use
- Advanced mode is also added on the Brake sweep, so you can adjust the sweep rates more accurately through the sweep
- Fixed an issue when "Start ramp up brake RPM" was set higher than the "Start RPM". This condition does not make sense, since this feature is to ramp up the brake before the start RPM, but the dyno software should anyway handle it more gracefully. Now fixed.
According to the EMS site, the 5002 is a legacy product and is replaced by the 5003, will this plug in work with the 5003 as well?
I also see that EMS has a Dyno interface setup, any idea what that adds over the other models and how that could benefit use on a YourDyno setup?
I am off to do some more research into this, because i definitely like the idea of having a 5 gas analyzer...
Hi @six_shooter. The EMS5002 plugin was actually made by a customer, who shared the code with me so I could add it for everybody to enjoy. I don't have a 5003 to test with, but I can help create the plugin if you do! Let me know.
I hadn't done an update for a long time as everything was working well, but today I tried to update from 3.2.167 to the 3.3.xx versions.
I'm having trouble with the AUX inputs and note that you wrote:
Version 3.3.11 Beta was released today. This version supports YourDyno Standard v4, Standard v5 and YourDyno Ultimate.
There are a number of changes "under the hood" to support all units. In addition:
- Unused channels are removed. For example, if you are not using RPM2, then you will not see it in the list of channels. You will not see RPM2 Acceleration channel either then. Same for Aux'es and load cells.
- AUX handling is changed
NOTE: You should check the Aux and RPM channel setup after upgrading from 3.2.xxx.
Upon startup I get errors relating the the AUX inputs/conversions.
All 3 of my AUX curves still exist in the options and they are ticked as 'in use', but they have disappeared from my Run screen layout and are no longer in the list that should allow me to select them and make them reappear. The RPM2 input has also been lost.
Your comments above say to 'check the Aux and RPM channel setup after upgrading from 3.2.xxx. '
Where should I be checking?
Thanks for your help 🙂
Ignore my previous post please J.
I've recreated my AUX inputs and my run screen and it's looking how I like it again 🙂
YourDyno software version 3.3.35 was released today. Changes:
- Added live Aux channel value display in the Aux setup window. Practical when configuring Aux channels
- Fixed an issue where in certain cases no graphs would appear until you disconnected and connected the box
- Fixed an issue where a wrong/old configuration could cause channels not to update
@admin Hello Jostein,
I installed the new beta software today but it does not open it for me. With version 3.2.165 I have no problem opening it.
To be more specific when I press open nothing comes up, when I open the task manager I see that it is open in the background, when I tap open a second time it gives me the error "An instance of YourDyno is already running" but only in the background.
When I open it with Administrator it gives the error "No printers are installed" the printer is connected via the network.
Operating system Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2
@furntrattrene there is likely something wrong in your settings. Exit/kill YourDyno then go to the folder: %localappdata%\Fonneland_Engineering_AS and rename the folder there to YourDyno_backup or something similar. Start YourDyno again.
Don't click the "Run as administrator" option.