[Sticky] Latest software version
Thank you very much for listening to our suggestions and making them come true.
Without a doubt, the latest changes significantly improve the usability of the software.
YourDyno software version 3.3.34 was released today.
- Two new plugins
- EMS5002 Gas Analyzer. This is a product from https://www.emsgas.com/ that gives you the HC, CO2, NOX,... Now you can get the data into YourDyno
- Delayed Channels. This is a plugin that enables you to create delayed versions of existing channels. This can be useful when looking at changes over time, in particular together with Math channels
- The mouse cursor is now displaying in all graphs at the same time. If you have 2 or 3 graph windows, you will see the cursor in all windows now (i.e. same RPM or same Time is indicated with a vertical line in all graphs)
- More options on the Secondary stepper motor. It can now be controlled directly by the RPM, or it can be controlled by the acceleration of the RPM, etc. Check out the Advanced options under the brake setup called DTS for more info.
- The Advanced mode for Load control is changed in that you can now set the Gain and Sweep rates directly in the RPM table, instead of using a multiplication factor. This is easier to use
- Advanced mode is also added on the Brake sweep, so you can adjust the sweep rates more accurately through the sweep
- Fixed an issue when "Start ramp up brake RPM" was set higher than the "Start RPM". This condition does not make sense, since this feature is to ramp up the brake before the start RPM, but the dyno software should anyway handle it more gracefully. Now fixed.
According to the EMS site, the 5002 is a legacy product and is replaced by the 5003, will this plug in work with the 5003 as well?
I also see that EMS has a Dyno interface setup, any idea what that adds over the other models and how that could benefit use on a YourDyno setup?
I am off to do some more research into this, because i definitely like the idea of having a 5 gas analyzer...
Hi @six_shooter. The EMS5002 plugin was actually made by a customer, who shared the code with me so I could add it for everybody to enjoy. I don't have a 5003 to test with, but I can help create the plugin if you do! Let me know.
I hadn't done an update for a long time as everything was working well, but today I tried to update from 3.2.167 to the 3.3.xx versions.
I'm having trouble with the AUX inputs and note that you wrote:
Version 3.3.11 Beta was released today. This version supports YourDyno Standard v4, Standard v5 and YourDyno Ultimate.
There are a number of changes "under the hood" to support all units. In addition:
- Unused channels are removed. For example, if you are not using RPM2, then you will not see it in the list of channels. You will not see RPM2 Acceleration channel either then. Same for Aux'es and load cells.
- AUX handling is changed
NOTE: You should check the Aux and RPM channel setup after upgrading from 3.2.xxx.
Upon startup I get errors relating the the AUX inputs/conversions.
All 3 of my AUX curves still exist in the options and they are ticked as 'in use', but they have disappeared from my Run screen layout and are no longer in the list that should allow me to select them and make them reappear. The RPM2 input has also been lost.
Your comments above say to 'check the Aux and RPM channel setup after upgrading from 3.2.xxx. '
Where should I be checking?
Thanks for your help 🙂
Ignore my previous post please J.
I've recreated my AUX inputs and my run screen and it's looking how I like it again 🙂
YourDyno software version 3.3.35 was released today. Changes:
- Added live Aux channel value display in the Aux setup window. Practical when configuring Aux channels
- Fixed an issue where in certain cases no graphs would appear until you disconnected and connected the box
- Fixed an issue where a wrong/old configuration could cause channels not to update
@admin Hello Jostein,
I installed the new beta software today but it does not open it for me. With version 3.2.165 I have no problem opening it.
To be more specific when I press open nothing comes up, when I open the task manager I see that it is open in the background, when I tap open a second time it gives me the error "An instance of YourDyno is already running" but only in the background.
When I open it with Administrator it gives the error "No printers are installed" the printer is connected via the network.
Operating system Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2
@furntrattrene there is likely something wrong in your settings. Exit/kill YourDyno then go to the folder: %localappdata%\Fonneland_Engineering_AS and rename the folder there to YourDyno_backup or something similar. Start YourDyno again.
Don't click the "Run as administrator" option.
Thank you for the update! The introduction of YourDyno software version 3.3.34 seems like a significant step forward.
The addition of two new plugins sounds particularly interesting. The EMS5002 Gas Analyzer will undoubtedly help enhance the data analysis capabilities of the software. Likewise, the Delayed Channels plugin seems like a handy feature for examining changes over time in conjunction with Math channels.
I appreciate the changes that help with visualization as well, such as the simultaneous mouse cursor display slot777across all graph windows. It's those little details that make the user experience smoother and more intuitive.
The advancements made to the Secondary stepper motor control sound promising. I'm excited to explore these new functionalities under the brake setup.
Changes to the Advanced mode for Load control and Brake sweep should make these features more user-friendly and precise. I'm all for changes that enhance ease of use, so kudos for that!
It's reassuring to see the software handling the "Start ramp up brake RPM" issue. Fixes like this make me confident in the ongoing support and improvements to the software.
Thank you again for the updates. I'm eager to dive in and explore the new features of version 3.3.34. Keep up the great work!
YourDyno software version 3.3.37 was released today. It has some nice features!
- A small configurable and movable table showing the value of all visible channels for all visible runs live when moving the mouse. Check out the video: https://youtu.be/jvm036H1DWw
- In addition to showing the data with colors, it gives ability to highlight channels, show max value, compare runs, etc
- Fixed a bug where it would wrongly show "Update firmware" if your decimal point was ","
YourDyno software version 3.3.39 was released today.
- Ability to turn on and off the live table. Just right click on it and press Close to remove it. Right click and tick the Live results table to bring it back
- The way the brake is turned on/off in Manual mode is changed. Previously there was a tick box to turn it on and off. This is now removed and it follows the logic of the other brake modes: Once you reach the auto start RPM it turns on, or you can turn it on manually by starting the Run before reaching the start RPM if you prefer
- For Manual RPM control mode, the auto start RPM will follow the set target RPM
- For Manual Direct brake % mode the auto start/stop RPMs are set manually
- Ramp up Brake functionality now also works for Manual brake mode and Brake Off mode. Ramp up brake together with Manual mode with direct control of the brake is particularly interesting. In cases where there is quite high inertia, you may want to just add a static brake % to slow the RPM rise down. This will be a very smooth run and can now be done with a controlled ramp up and auto start
- The functionality to use the brake to slow down the RPM after a completed run had a bug in some brake modes. This is fixed.
- The message "YourDyno not responding correctly, please disconnect and connect" is hopefully fixed now. If not, let me know! It never happens on my setups so hard to know if it is fixed. In any case, if it happens, do as the message says and it is ok.
Hi folks. 3.3.39 has an issue that it the brake control jumps to PWM if it was set to Stepper every time you restart YourDyno. You can set it back to Stepper manually of course, but I will fix asap.
YourDyno version 3.3.40 is available. It fixes the issue in version 3.3.39 that it would not remember the brake setup.
Working on some internal dyno loss adjustments, and found the software no longer correctly inputs drum RPM and thus engine RPM when loading a Raw Log File. Gear ratio is correct, but it always shows the run about 1000 RPM short. Here is a shot of the original run loaded from the CSV vs the RAW DATA log file. I uninstalled and installed an old version of the software, and it works just fine in the older version. Am I missing something?