[Plugin] ScanTool

174 Posts
19 Users
23 Reactions
35.2 K Views
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Used Kalmaker back in early 2000s in Dos. Was one of my first experiences working on a Holden ECU.
Back then it was all closed source and for even sharing a bin make in kalmaker on the Holden PCM news group you got your posted deleted.

Posted : 27/01/2019 5:00 am
(@mach_1)

What is that " Flashscan 01 ? You're using ?

Posted : 27/01/2019 10:45 am
(@amelia)

We had a crazy working week and havent many time for study, I have tried to see some C# tutorials... very easy  😱  🤣  🤣 

For the knock logging the mic is a very good idea, I have seen this before here,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-5aeey8CPU

https://gumroad.com/l/qaqv

Also here is the pro version that use a interface, not directly to the sound card,but I suppose is the same

http://tunernerd.com/

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by Amelia

Posted : 27/01/2019 12:09 pm
(@walter)

amazing job!! i was wondering how do Will log for OBD1 honda ecus? a bluetooth CN2 adapter maybe?

Posted : 27/01/2019 9:40 pm
(@mjpower)

I love this plugin!
makes logging from obd that i have wanted for a long time possible. however i get a error code when logging to gauges and make a run, after the run is finnished it disconnects the blue box and all data is rejected... How can i post a pic of the error message?
Something bout system argument out of range. Index outside of area
It needs to be non-negative result and so on...

Posted : 27/01/2019 11:52 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

I saw that error too, I should be able to solve it from my side, I will take a look. 

Posted : 28/01/2019 12:31 am
(@mjpower)

https://ibb.co/QQgJQcm

Posted : 28/01/2019 12:34 am
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Posted by: MjPower

I love this plugin!
makes logging from obd that i have wanted for a long time possible. however i get a error code when logging to gauges and make a run, after the run is finnished it disconnects the blue box and all data is rejected... How can i post a pic of the error message?

Yup I know about this error, And that logging doesnt acturally record properly. Was going to talk with Jostein at some point and work out a plan for logging plugin data and raw logs.

Posted by: Walter

amazing job!! i was wondering how do Will log for OBD1 honda ecus? a bluetooth CN2 adapter maybe?

Serial TTL connection. So yeah a bluetooth to serial port adapter will work.

Posted by: Mach_1

Software I made for tuning OBD2 Hondas.

Posted : 28/01/2019 12:46 am
(@admin)
Member Admin

Guys, 

I looked at it. The crash is because we have two plugins that both provide the parameter Speed, and the program does not handle that (yet). 

For now, just delete the SpeedAndDistance.dll plugin. I will add some sort of way to avoid this issue in the future. 

Posted : 28/01/2019 1:03 am
(@walter)

Posted by: bmgjet

I love this plugin!

Yup I know about this error, And that logging doesnt acturally record properly. Was going to talk with Jostein at some point and work out a plan for logging plugin data and raw logs.

Serial TTL connection. So yeah a bluetooth to serial port adapter will work.

Posted by: Mach_1

Software I made for tuning OBD2 Hondas.

Cool! as son as you made it i'd like to test it!

more info about that software for OBD2 hondas? it Works with OBd2 ecus? how does exactly read external rom?

Posted : 28/01/2019 1:16 am
(@mjpower)

Maybe wrong place to ask, but since the good guy who makes the scan tool plugin seems to be quite a programming mastermind i have to ask... would it be possible to use a adapter like this to get data from can stream when running aftermarked ecus? Would be nice to be able to plot graphs with timing advance vs torque in a steady state mode... something i’ve been wanting a long time...

Posted : 28/01/2019 1:29 am
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Maybe wrong place to ask, but since the good guy who makes the scan tool plugin seems to be quite a programming mastermind i have to ask... would it be possible to use a adapter like this to get data from can stream when running aftermarked ecus? Would be nice to be able to plot graphs with timing advance vs torque in a steady state mode... something i’ve been wanting a long time...

If I get one of those adapters and come across a ECU to connect it into wouldn't be hard to add support.

Cool! as son as you made it i'd like to test it!

more info about that software for OBD2 hondas? it Works with OBd2 ecus? how does exactly read external rom?

Old software now. Was released for a few weeks last year to the public but I got a cease and desist letter for not having a license to use the code I had reverse engineering from the HDS and Kpro flash scan tools I had access too.

It pulls the full MCU program from OBD2A and OBD2B.
OBD2A is write once tho so you could only adjust the fuel offsets stored in the dynamic memory. So the changes go lost if you disconnected battery.

Posted : 28/01/2019 2:06 am
Walter reacted
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Posted by: bmgjet

If I get one of those adapters and come across a ECU to connect it into wouldn't be hard to add support.

Further research into adding support for this, Found a C# library.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/canusb/

The licence works out well for me and would make adding it very easy so will add it onto my list and buy one of those adapters in the next few days.

Posted : 28/01/2019 9:22 am
(@mjpower)

😍 🤩  😍  🤩  😍 

Posted : 28/01/2019 12:39 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

😍 🤩  😍  🤩  😍 

Dont expect anything soon tho since the only thing iv got to test it against is a Link CAN wideband setup on some weekends.

Posted : 29/01/2019 7:19 am
Page 4 / 12
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar