174 Posts
19 Users
23 Reactions
35.2 K Views
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Update #A4: (Minor fix)
Temporally changed data input "speed" to "speeed" to prevent clashing with speed/distance plugin. (Until YourDyno plugin has way to seperate plugins inputs).
Lots of back end code added for other datalogging protocols. (*not enabled in this build*)

This post was modified 5 years ago by bmgjet

Posted : 29/01/2019 9:41 am
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Got my prototyping bluebox today so will make coding a hell of a lot easier.
As always the couriers are rough as hell sending things to NZ.

Everything works as it should.
Thanks again Jostein and thank you Mach_1 for paying shipping.

-----

Came across a Mazda today that was using incorrectly formed OBD2 responces.
So will be improving the debugging system in the plugin so if any one else comes across a car like that it will capture the commands to file and ignore the error with out crashing the plugin,
They you can share that file to me and ill add filtering for what commands are incorrectly formed.

This Mazda was adding the letter J into the commands which in hex doesnt exsist, And since all my OBD2 handling works with HEX as the varable type it would crash the plugin.

So you would call error codes with 03 command.
It responds
7J9 02 43 00
Which should really be
79 02 43 00 (no codes)

Posted : 30/01/2019 7:35 am
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Just another demo video.
https://youtu.be/W_RiQqvF1xM

Sorted out this Mazda.
Want to get this debug system in before posting another version up.
Should have it done tomorrow night.

Posted : 31/01/2019 8:57 am
(@amelia)

Very nice!, I still in the "hello world" C# tutorial  🤣  🤣  🤣 , hard stuff  at the beginning! Also I didnt had plenty of time, thumbs up for you Bmgjet

Posted : 31/01/2019 10:31 am
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Update #A5:
Temporally changed data input "speed" to "speeed" to prevent clashing with speed/distance plugin. (Until YourDyno plugin has way to seperate plugins inputs).
QD3 datalogging enabled. (only tested with simulator playing back loop of captured data)
Debugging system in place. (will need to make video explaing it)

Posted : 01/02/2019 4:32 pm
(@mjpower)

Still get that same error message when the two enabled together...

😘

Posted : 01/02/2019 11:26 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Update #A5.5: (minor fix for speeed)

Should be compatiable with speed/distance plugin now, (didnt realise it doesnt like labels matching either so label is now also speeed)
QD3 confirmed working in real life usage. (Need to convert map to more meaningful unit tho, Speed need figure out formula better since goes out of accuracy above 100kph.)

Demo video of QD3 test: (OBD1 Honda ECU running Crome Gold 1.6.20)
https://youtu.be/Ub5VyU6vlr4

Posted : 02/02/2019 1:42 am
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Update #A6:

Massive change in code lay out to reduce file size. (380kb reduction)
Improved accuracy of OBD1 QD3 speed reading and MAP converted to KPA. (Formular still need some work but its close)
Debugging Log (All errors will be constant logged to debug window, Success and Warnings will only be logged when debug window has been enabled by double click bottom left label)
Timeout Checker (OBD1 if no data recieved in last 5 sec it resets app to start screen. OBD2 its 8 sec.)
Code Base stored in encrypted compressed .DAT file, (Will load external file in plugin folder first or if its not present then use internal DAT.)
(Allows me to do things like store language translations, OBD1 and 2 DTC lookups, Flash Commands in seperate external file thats loaded instead of having to have different plugin for each language.)

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by bmgjet

Posted : 02/02/2019 7:55 am
MjPower and Amelia reacted
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Update #A7:
QD3 Code 99% Complete (Just need to test speed formular is accurate enough all the way to 200kph)
QD3 Decided on Map just being shown as raw voltage and scaling can be handled by YourDyno (since it depends what map sensor your using 1/2/3/4 bar for what conversion to use.)
QD3 Engine Load Dyno gauge = Battery Voltage (Since its spare from OBD2 live logging and better to reuse then creating lots of gauges)
QD3 Error codes now log with lookup information.
QD3 Checksum enabled to validate data stream packets and only procress ones that are 100% valid

Posted : 02/02/2019 3:56 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Posted by: Walter

Very nice! do you just plug hulog usb to Yourdyno PC?

You posted on the wrong thread.
But yeah, Any Serial TTL to USB adapter will work. Including bluetooth.

QD3 is Crome gold maps.
QD2 is Stock code base with datalogging plugin applyed to it which is my next protocol to add.
QD1 I wont bother since who wants to datalog a stock Honda ECU really slowly.

Posted : 02/02/2019 11:25 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Update #A8:
QD3 Code 100% Complete
QD3 Added gauges for Battery voltage, Injector ms, Injector duty cycle % , Knock retard degree.
QD3 Print report button enabled.
OBD2 Added logging of Battery voltage.
OBD2 Change to keep alive code (some ecus dont support keep alive so instead on those ones it just polls voltage. 0V = lost connection lol)
Moved Report HTML template to the compressed DAT (Using a external DAT will allow for custom Error report screens.)
GUI changes improvements.
Lots of back end bug catches.
Another file size reduction of 32kb due to moving stuff into the compressed DAT.

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by bmgjet

Posted : 03/02/2019 6:23 am
Amelia reacted
(@walter)

Great! i Will try to test next time on dyno! ECtune and Neptune use QD3 too if used ostrich?

Posted : 03/02/2019 1:14 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Posted by: Walter

Great! i Will try to test next time on dyno! ECtune and Neptune use QD3 too if used ostrich?

QD3 = Crome Gold only, (By far the fastest protocol since everything is sent in 1 packet, All the rest take a packet per sensor your logging like obd2.)
QD2 = Stock maps with datalogging plugin added (Crome free/pro, Uberdata, TunerPro)
ECD = ECTune and BMTune (Will be adding this protocol after QD2 since its basically QD2 with some location changes which BMTune dev has shared)
NTD = Neptune (Wont be adding since dev refuses to share any info on sensor locations)

Posted : 03/02/2019 9:37 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Attaching serial capture data from SAE J1850 VPW OBD2 Commadore to analyze add support for while at home since dont have usb stick on me and my email only supports attachments of less then 1MB.

--- Note ---
Bug in port combo box doubling up port number to be fixed.

Posted : 04/02/2019 2:46 am
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

[Bug testing and bug list]
After a day of testing,
10 OBD2 adapter 8 different OBD2 cars.
3 Serial TTL adapters, 2 QD3 Hondas.
Here is my findings.

QD3
works perfectly on all 3 serial adapters and is 100% production use ready.
Hulog (prefered adapter, 20 updates a seconds no packet loss or check sum failures)
Generic ftdi adapter (2nd perfered adapter type, 10 updates a second no packet loss or check sum failure.)
Chinese pl2303 adapter (Not perfered adapter type, 10 updates a second no packet loss, 2 check sum failures over 15mins of logging)

OBD2 ELM
ISO9412 Works. (Need adjustment to Keep alive code since can cause buffer overflow when logging at full speed)
ISO14230 Works (Found no faults)
SAEJ1850 VPW (Connection difficulties, Takes 2-3 attemps to connect.)*Have serial log to review*

ELM 2.2 (Genuine) Works perfectly, 100-10 updates a seconds depending on ECU.
ELM 2.1 (Chinese fake) Has buffer overflow errors going any faster then 8 updates a second.
ELM 2.0 (Chinese fake) Has buffer overflow errors going any faster then 8 updates a second.
ELM 1.8 (Chinese fake) Has buffer overflow errors going any faster then 5 updates a second.
ELM 1.4/1.5 (Chinese Clone) Works 10-4 updates a second depending on ECU.
Bluetooth (Same as ELM 1.4/1.5) (Samples are 20ms delayed from bluetooth protocol)
Wifi (Same ELM 1.4/1.5 internal chip) Couldnt get it to connect as wifi serial port, Drives keept only showing as a UPNP device.
ELM 1.3 (Chinese Clone) Works up to 4 updates a second.
ELM 1.0 (Genuine) Works 10-4 updates a second depending on ECU. (Expected since its what ELM 1.4 and 1.5 is a clone of)

[Found Bugs]
Serial port list keeps adding same port number to its self each time the window is opened.
VPW code needs work.
Keep alive code should be disabled for Chinese adapters since it just adds more stress on a device thats already below whats recommended hardware wise.
Auto refresh rate delay needs more work and adjust ECU Brick protection to allow for more errors before it disconnects.
Error code list doesnt work if switching between QD3 and ELM in listbox with out restarting plugin.

Posted : 04/02/2019 6:37 am
Page 5 / 12
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar