Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Latest software version

668 Posts
78 Users
174 Reactions
128.2 K Views
(@drmototuning)

Hi jostein..after upgrade firmware i cannot continue make new run when wheel still running..i have to stop the wheel to make restart button appear..any tips or can i go back to previous version? Thanks..  

Posted : 22/12/2023 3:39 pm
(@bendd)

I suspect you have a power sweep configured (for example) for 3000-7000rpm, in which case the start button will not be available if you are above the lower limit (3000rpm).

Posted : 22/12/2023 10:05 pm
DrMotoTuning reacted
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

@drmototuning send me your config file to jostein@yourdyno.com. I will take a look at your options.

Posted : 23/12/2023 12:10 am
DrMotoTuning reacted
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Hey folks,

YourDyno software version 3.3.67 (beta) was released today. A number of minor improvements here and there!

Changes:

• Saving of manual axis setup in graphs enabled
  • Automatic clipping graphs at the start of the run to coincide with the defined start RPM. This way, if the RPM does a little "loop" at the beginning of the run then this part of the graph is removed. This gives cleaner graphs in those cases
  • Support for delayed recording start. For example you can define the sweep to be from 2000 RPM to 7000 RPM, but start recording at 2500 RPM
  • More features on the Ramp up brake before run. Ramp up brake before run is used to ensure the engine is nicely loaded by the time you reach the start RPM. You can add a derivative factor, which means it will brake more if the acceleration is fast. You can also now define a ramp up brake curve vs RPM rather than the default linear ramp up
  • A number of improvements to the DTS brake mode (used for DTS dynos and other dynos with two water valves). In addition to the improvements, the whole DTS menu is now hidden for other users, as it is irrelevant
  • A Jump to Bootloader button was added. This is useful if there are any issues with updating the firmware (like automatic driver install not being fast enough)
  • Better time synchronization on Math channels
  • Columns in data tables are more compressed when printing, resulting in more data on each printed page
  • Company Logo error was fixed (used to say "Your Company" until you opened Options)

Enjoy! As always, any issues let me know.

Cheers,

This post was modified 7 months ago 2 times by Jostein

Posted : 03/01/2024 12:35 pm
(@drmototuning)

Thank you so much who answer my question especially jostein..already solve my problem..

Posted : 21/01/2024 6:39 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Hey tuners!

New YourDyno software version today: 3.3.71 (beta)

Changes:

• The RPM test range (start RPM to end RPM) is now indicated in the Engine RPM gauge in blue. Quite practical when you switch between modes and adjust start and end RPM to always see it in the gauge. This is only implemented for the analog RPM gauge
  • Power and Torque gauges now include power correction in the value displayed
  • The average value of all channels are shown in results table bottom row (when master channel is Engine RPM). The average is calculated over the RPM range set in Options->Average calculation
  • Results tables now also show the best value in green. This is done for each channel that has a "Higher is better" or "Lower is better" setting in Options->Visual styles
  • Manual brake control mode (direct control of the brake %) is changed such that you can now control the brake before the run starts. Useful when warming up the engine for example
  • The Auto zero of water brake valves was improved. There is now a small window popping up showing the status of the zero positioning when running, and there is a Cancel button
  • CAN bus analyzer improvement. The analyzer can now handle many more CAN bus channels at once
  • Printing of new result tabs did not work before, this is fixed

As always, any issue let me know Enjoy!

Posted : 31/01/2024 5:15 pm
(@andrew)

@admin

Fantastic upgrade!  What would be nice is if the brake control box in the run screen changed when in load control mode so the up/down buttons became start and finish rpm buttons. This would save constantly going into the setup box, then to the load control box and altering them from there. During a fresh engine run in/ tune I can alter the sweep range dozens of times, back and forth from screen to screen. Best dyno software out there!

Posted : 02/02/2024 12:19 pm
Jostein reacted
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi folks,

A new minor release 3.3.74 (beta) with a few cleanups/changes: 

• Support for 2 water brake valves that move in parallel. This is used for setups with 2 water brakes in tandem, each with its own valve
  • Fix of bug in Water brake valve auto zero when using Auto save and auto restart. Earlier auto zero only worked with manual run (re)start
  • CAN bus analyzer data update fix

Enjoy!

Posted : 23/02/2024 11:39 am
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Folks,

YourDyno software version 3.3.75 was released today. A minor release. Changes:

• Avoided recalculating averages every time the Options menu was closed (resulting in some delay)
  • Calculation of average values was a bit slow with many long runs, so an option is added to only calculate average on Engine Torque and Engine Power. This makes calculating averages faster when reading a file or completing a run
  • Reduced the time over which the acceleration is calculated, resulting in quicker response
  • A few other minor cleanups

Enjoy!

This post was modified 5 months ago by Jostein

Posted : 12/03/2024 11:12 pm
Six_Shooter reacted
(@elmepro)

Can we get proper graph header? like it would be cool to import .png image, and also if passible change graph background image.

Right now if i want present graph its kinda basic.

thanks!

Posted : 13/03/2024 7:46 pm
(@sigve_b)
Member Customer

Posted by: @elmepro

Can we get proper graph header? like it would be cool to import .png image, and also if passible change graph background image.

Right now if i want present graph its kinda basic.

thanks!

I second this.

Posted : 14/03/2024 1:38 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Folks,

YourDyno software version 3.3.78 (beta) was released today. Changes:

• Ability to turn on and off data recording with the push of a button. This is useful in very long runs, or when doing steady state at different RPMs. You can let the RPM stabilize and turn on recording for some seconds, then turn off recording and move to the next RPM, let the RPM stabilize and start recording again, etc. This gives nice, clean graphs with only data in the periods of interest
  • Ability to compress the data set by down sampling. This is useful for very long runs (can be hours), to avoid the dataset being very large and slow. See Options->Data logging
  • Improved Gauge data filtering functionality. Gauge filtering now affects all gauges, not just Torque and Power as was the case before, see Options->Noise filtering
  • Select graph channels list is not shown by upon startup
  • Some other minor cleanups and speedups 

Enjoy!

Posted : 26/03/2024 10:46 am
Marco reacted
 Dev
(@dev)

I've just noticed a bug, when you smooth out/edit the graph to reduce spikes, the peak figures by the description fields are not updated.

Posted : 28/03/2024 1:53 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Tuners,

YourDyno software 3.3.79 (beta) was released today. Changes:

• Added a new plugin for Brake Specific Fuel Consumption. Previously BSFC had to be calculated using a math channel, which means you needed to know the (somewhat complicated) equation. Now it is much easier. BSFC requires a fuel flow meter. PS: Make sure to delete the BSFC math channel if you already have one defined
  • Fixed the Bar gauge, which had been broken in the previous release
  • Improved the labels in the Bar gauge

Enjoy!

PS: An upgrade to the graph system as requested, it is underway (with background image, etc)

Posted : 12/04/2024 4:04 pm
(@rizo15)

Fantastic upgrade! These are the features I was missing earlier!

Posted : 28/04/2024 11:02 am
Jostein reacted
Page 44 / 45
Share:
Select your currency