Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Latest software version

Page 29 / 30
(@dmitry-maday)
Member Customer

Tell me, how much can MOI gearboxes differ in different gears from the same machine?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2021 9:02 am
(@manyponies)

latest version will not open run window for some reason.  opens but blank

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16/11/2021 11:02 am
(@admin)
Member Admin

@dmitry-maday, the MOI will differ somewhat between different gears because the engine has MOI and it is spinning at a different rate compared with the rollers in different gears. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/11/2021 9:59 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

@manyponies, could it be you need to turn on the gauges? Let me know if this persists

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 16/11/2021 10:00 pm
(@dmitry-maday)
Member Customer
Posted by: @admin

@dmitry-maday, the MOI will differ somewhat between different gears because the engine has MOI and it is spinning at a different rate compared with the rollers in different gears. 

Is there a 1.52 MOI difference between 4th and 5th gears? On the fourth 10.09 MOI and on the fifth 11.61 MOI

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2021 6:57 am
(@dmitry-maday)
Member Customer

@admin Please make a separate tab for vehicles with variator. So that the measurement is controlled through speed.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17/11/2021 6:57 am
(@admin)
Member Admin

@dmitry-maday, no that difference is too high. Something else is causing it. Do two back to back measurements and see if you get the same (very similar) results. Make sure the engine, drivetrain, tires etc are warm first. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/11/2021 10:47 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Guys,

Here is version 3.2.135

I added an option for physically linked brakes under Basic Dyno settings. Turning this option on will ensure the rear and front are getting the same MOI calculated. If the rear and front tires are not perfectly the same size, air pressures are different, etc and the brakes are linked, then one loadcell will read differently from the other, causing the program to believe the MOIs are different. This is avoided with this option. 

I also fixed an MOI wizard issue with 4WD dynos when only using front or rear. 

Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 17/11/2021 10:53 pm
 Dev
(@dev)

Does the linked brakes setting only effect the MOI calc and nothing else?  I tried the MOI wizard on a 4wd car with a centre diff and it gave dramtically different MOI for front and rear, even though RPM was the same on each.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2021 10:50 pm
 Dev
(@dev)

Does the linked brakes setting only effect the MOI calc and nothing else?  I tried the MOI wizard on a 4wd car with a centre diff and it gave dramtically different MOI for front and rear, even though RPM was the same on each.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/11/2021 11:05 pm
(@dmitry-maday)
Member Customer

Yesterday I made three measurements in a row. MOI was 10.44. After the first measurement, MOI vocals were +1.65. After the second measurement, MOI showed +0.37. After the third measurement, MOI showed -1.25. I did not correct MOI. MOI remained at 10.44.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2021 7:31 am
(@matteozanusso)
Member Customer

Hi,

i'm trying to update to the software from the beta release, and it keeps interrupting setup before the end.

windows 10 pro

ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/11/2021 3:45 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

@matteozanusso is there an error message or any more info you can give?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/11/2021 9:35 am
(@admin)
Member Admin

@dmitry-maday, maybe the brake is too low in the second run, so the difference between the two runs is too small. Can you send me the saved config file and all the MOI logs then I can take a look (jostein@yourdyno.com)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/11/2021 9:36 am
(@admin)
Member Admin

Guys,

An update to the way the option "The brakes are physically linked" is handled. 

This option gives two effects:
1) In this mode the dyno will calculate one total MOI, not individual front/rear MOI (naturally, since everything is spinning in a locked mode), and will assign the same MOI to all brakes (total MOI/number of brakes).

2) You can keep the MOI setting for each roller/hub/brake no matter if you run 4WD, rear only or fronts only. Earlier you needed to change MOI based on whether the 4WD dyno was in 4WD mode or RWD/FWD, this is now much simpler.

Download here: https://yourdyno.com/ YourDynoInstaller_3.2.136.exe

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : 20/11/2021 10:50 am
Dev and Thdyno liked
Page 29 / 30
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar