Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Latest software version  

Page 17 / 22
  RSS
(@admin)
Member Admin

Tuners!

YourDyno version 3.2.54was released today. 

Changes:

• Ability to store retardation data, and reuse it in the next run. This has several advantages:
    • Any noise or bumps in the retardation data is removed, because a mathematical representation of the retardation data is worked out and used instead of the actual retardation data.
    • Ability to correct for retardation losses at lower and higher RPM than where the actual retardation was recorded. This is again made possible because of the mathematical representation of the losses.
    • No need to do the retardation run more than once for the session, thereby saving time. Turn on the option "Use brake to slow down rotation when run is complete" to quickly finish the run.
  • Improved noise reduction algorithm. Previously the amount of noise reduction was depending on the length of the run. This is no longer the case. Note: you might need to adjust your noise reduction setting slightly.
  • Ability to backup and restore all settings. This is useful if you experiment with settings, but also if you need assistance from someone else (including me) to debug your setup. A raw file plus the full settings file will get us a long way. 
  • A number of smaller cleanups

Hope you like it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/11/2019 11:47 pm
(@walter)

Hi! what does affect exactly? my hub dyno really works great with Engine hp calculations. just i have some spikes at the end as i posted before, i my case, i just able the new option "enable correction for rolling resistance vs speed from retardation data"  and keep 0,0 % for power correction factor?

Sounds very interested for any noise when drivetrain losses are calculating ,i hope to test it soon!

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2019 12:58 am
(@admin)
Member Admin

@walter, spikes at the end of the retardation data will be gone if you use the stored retardation data 😀. You can still use 0% power correction as you want! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2019 8:51 am
(@hondarulez)
Developer

Moving power correction settings (enviromental, constant and coasting) to the session setting would be nice because I use different settings for different car/session.

also adding a MOI correction would be nice too.(simly adding this # to the MOI values/retarder. negative # must be allowed)

also when I update the software the secondary retarder always switched off.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2019 12:33 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Guys,

YourDyno v3.2.55 is available now. It removes information about horsepower correction/calibration in the results table and in the print out.

@hondarulez,
Good idea on storing the correction settings/MOI in the session setting, I will add this next time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2019 6:27 pm
(@radics1)

Hello Jostein,

why is the correction figure removed? I liked it personally. As i understand till now,the results showed was with the correction,so uncorrected results could be calculated if needed. Other option could be to show the uncorrected power as well. Is this feasible? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2019 6:39 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

A few people asked to not show it. Correction factors factors can be a contentious point with customers. Maybe I make an option to have it shown or not ;-). 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2019 7:23 pm
(@amelia)

Very nice release, thank you very much!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 03/11/2019 9:45 pm
admin liked
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard Moderator

Yeah I like correction factors being shown as well.
Shows customers that your remaining honest about your number since theres plenty of shops that do a run on say 1.0 correction factor. Then set correction factory to like 1.2 do another run and call the car tuned.
Also they can convert back to raw values which is useful when comparing winter to summer tunes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2019 5:56 am
(@hondarulez)
Developer

@bmgjet the MOI settings is one of the "correction" factor what can mislead the customer if the tuner want it..., I always doing a measurement before start the tune (if it is applicable) and all other subsequent measurement will be done with same settings on that car.

Independently from the #s I always comparing/howing the curves where we added more power.

BTW the street runs always prove our work 🙂 and the customers comes back wid a wide smile on his/her face.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2019 11:00 am
(@radics1)

Hondarulez,

the correction factor shown on the result sheet was purely environmental correction,no? I mean humidity,temp and baro pressure.

I cant understand currently how the MOI settings did play a role in this correction value.

Can you explain it please?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2019 11:05 am
(@hondarulez)
Developer

@radics1 enviromental which is OK, also was showed the static corerction factor.

the MOI setting will alter the final crank HP/Tq values alot.

This post was modified 8 months ago 2 times by HondaRulez
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2019 11:06 am
(@radics1)

of course MOI will affect the reading,but i was not aware of the correction factor value was containing any "static" correction. Can you show us a picture of a measurement? I dont use fixed drivetrain losses,is it possible this was part of the correction? Could be the reason i did not see it till now. When i am home i may try it on an old version if it makes a change on the correction value.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2019 11:13 am
(@radics1)

Like here,the correction factor is changing only because the temp and humidity is changing.

Nem érhető el leírás a fényképhez.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2019 11:16 am
(@hondarulez)
Developer

The "static" correction factor is on the options/Horse Power Correction settings page.

the coasting's run corerction factor is not showed anywhere, the correction can be wieved if you see together the engine vs wheel power/Tq.

The MOI correction can be checked if you compare a static RPM test's Tq with the RUN test's Tq at the given RPM.

This post was modified 8 months ago 3 times by HondaRulez
ReplyQuote
Posted : 04/11/2019 12:37 pm
Page 17 / 22
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar