[Sticky] Latest software version

659 Posts
76 Users
169 Likes
118.8 K Views
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Please scroll to the end of this thread to see the latest version.

--------

Greetings tuners! 

Software version 3.01.43 was released today. It has a number of important improvements! Here is the list: 

• Ability to compensate for inertia effects for brake dynos. This is an important feature, especially for brake dynos with heavy rollers. During acceleration, power is used to accelerate the inertia, and this needs to be compensated for. Power is now calculated as the sum of the power measured by the brake and the power calculated from the inertia acceleration. The setting is only helpful during acceleration runs, in steady state runs it does not matter. 
  • Ability to calculate drive train losses during retardation. This works for inertia dynos, and also for brake dynos with sufficiently heavy rollers. It works by measuring the deceleration during retardation. Using the deceleration and the Moment of Inertia of the system, it calculates the torque loss at each RPM. With this option enabled you get both Wheel HP/Torque and Engine HP/Torque. Wheel HP/Torque is what is being measured, Engine HP/Torque is calculated. Do you wonder how what the MOI of your system is? You can try to calculate using MOI calculators online, however, there is a nice trick to measure it using YourDyno. I will explain in a separate post or help section. 
  • A Data connection monitor in the Run window. The status is color coded, and should remain in the green with only momentarily showing yellow/red status. 
  • Improved brake control performance. You may need to increase the PID parameters compared to before.
  • Improved print quality.
  • Improved IIR noise filter (keep it on!).
  • Keeps all user settings, like calibration data, when installing new versions of the software (finally, sorry it took so long!)
  • Automatically alerts you if there is a newer version of the software available.
  • A few other minor bugs and cosmetics corrected.

Enjoy!

Regards,
Jostein

Posted : 18/12/2017 12:32 am
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

All, 

There was a bug in the calibration. Please download the newest version.

Cheers,
Jostein

Posted : 23/12/2017 3:41 pm
(@thomass)

Hi Jostein!

Please explain the trick to measure MOI in YourDyno.

Have a nice christmas.

Posted : 25/12/2017 8:45 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

OK, I added an explanation now in a separate post!

Posted : 26/12/2017 2:02 am
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Greetings, tuners!

Software 3.01.47 is now released.

If brings the following:

• Improved the Run setup in relation to controlling the brake, now more intuitive and safe, see below.
  • Corrected a bug in inertia mode, which made readings a bit too low, especially when using a low smoothing factor
  • Improved the IIR filter. It would sometimes hang up and that meant no torque/hp curve was generated
  • Added the ability to use a fixed horsepower correction factor, in addition to calculating frictional losses. Before you could only have one of these corrections enabled
  • Fixed a bug in the data rate display. With some computers (depending on the USB buffering setup) it would show 64 samples/second while in reality it was > 100. Data connection monitor should now always show about 100 samples/second
  • A couple of other minor fixes

Regarding the brake control, here are the improvements: 

1. In manual brake mode the brake control is irrespective of whether data logging is performed or not. So you can start the brake, adjust as needed, and then press "Manual start" to start logging. 
  2. Only possible to turn on brake if the RPM is lower or equal to the set brake RPM. This is to make sure the brake does not slam on.
  3. Auto start is linked to brake curve (RPM logging start and stop is set by the curve) 
  4. Ability to add a delay before logging starts in brake curve mode. This is to enable the RPM and power system to stabilize before starting to log data.

Enjoy!

Regards,
Jostein

Posted : 31/12/2017 4:11 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Greetings tuners,

Software 3.01.51 was released today. A minor release, it brings the following: 

• Better control of Auto start/stop. Now you can define an RPM curve that ramps up then ramps down again to the starting RPM or below.
  • Added an "Are you sure?" for the Arrange Gauges button
  • Better spike filtering on RPM signal
  • Increased screen area for the gauges by cleaning up the layout a bit

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Jostein

Posted : 13/01/2018 2:32 pm
Walter reacted
(@bjorhovden)
Member Customer

Hi,

After updating to any version after 3.01.37, i can't start YourDyno software. I'm using Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, both have the same problem. Is it something wrong with the latest versions, or is it just me doing something wrong here?

Regards,

Geir

Posted : 17/01/2018 5:55 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi, 

I have never heard about that problem, but the latest version is 3.01.51. Can you download this version? Do you get an error message or something? 

Regards,
Jostein

Posted : 17/01/2018 9:12 pm
(@bjorhovden)
Member Customer

I've installed 3.01.51 and tried to start it. The program does not start. The error is the same for Win 8.1 and Win 7, and it's .NET related. I'm not that good reading those logfiles, so i can't realy tell anything more on this... I,ve sent you the system loggfiles by email, if you want to take a look.

Regards
Geir

Posted : 17/01/2018 10:34 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

If anybody else gets this problem, the solution was to delete the saved settings. You do this:
Depending on your Windows version, go to either: 

%userprofile%\appdata\local\Fonneland_Engineering 

or 

%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Fonneland_Engineering

And delete everything under this directory. 

YourDyno will start fresh with no settings from before.

Cheers,
Jostein

Posted : 18/01/2018 12:39 am
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Greetings tuners,

A small software update is released, 3.01.52. It includes two fixes that a few of you have reported: 

1. An error saying "Cross thread operations not valid" is now removed (it happened on some computers when coasting back to the start RPM)
  2. An error when a print dialog box was included in the actual print. Now it is removed.

As you may see in Options, support for Stepper motors for brakes is underway! It is not released, but coming very soon. It needs new firmware, so don't try to test it yet.

Enjoy!

Posted : 04/02/2018 11:21 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

MemberAdmin

ReportDelete

Greetings tuners!

YourDyno v3.01.53 was released today. Here are the main changes:

1. Support for stepper motors to control brakes! See it demonstrated here:    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tbp4D09nOs
  2. Ability to edit the brake curve by editing the time and RPM numbers. This is more accurate than dragging points on the brake curve up and down, left and right.
  3. Better resolution on PWM brake min % and max % setting. For RC Servos setting PWM min to 4% and max to 11% gives the full range for the servo like before. However, depending on the application, the endpoints may need to be adjusted to less than the max travel of the servop, and to do this you can now vary the min and max values with better precision. 
  4. Improved timing of the data transmission. It should now be very close to 100 samples per second, while before it varied from unit to unit between about 95 and 109 samples per second. 
  5. Fixed a bug where the Aux3 channel would show incorrectly in the graph when IIR filter was active.

You need to download the new firmware to use stepper motors. 

Enjoy!

Posted : 18/02/2018 10:05 pm
Walter reacted
(@xtcund)

Hi Jostein,

The loss calculation is a big addon to the software but i have two big questions i hope you can answer. I think i´ve seen somewhere how to really read the losses instead of calculating the %. I am still measuring with the option "enable aditional horse power correction". do you know where you have this explained and what to do to calibrate it?

Second question is the print format. I know that the print format is actually a print screen but i think you could take the software into a new level by adding a very good looking print forma.

A friend of mine was developing a litle excell worksheet that could convert the CSV's into a beautifull print format but he is at 50% and has litle time to finish. i have attached the layout that he developed reading the csv's. Do you have any easy way or any intention of making something like this in a near future?

Thank you very much,

Luís Matos

PS- we are still waiting for our Bosch FLA to arrive from service to implement you software on it. meanwhile we are still using the inertia dyno.

Posted : 19/02/2018 1:43 pm
Walter and Shaheenem reacted
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi Luis,

You can measure the losses by clicking the option "Enable correction from Frictional losses from retardation data". The way it work is this: 

You do a normal run from low to high RPM, then when at the RPM limit you press the clutch and let the system decelerate by itself all the way down to the starting RPM. Since we know the MOI of the system, we can measure the resistance in the drive train from the time it takes to decelerate. From this loss together with the wheel HP/Torque that we have measured, we calculate the engine power/torque.

Note this method is still too conservative when seeking to find the true engine HP/torque. This is because the drive train will have higher resistance at high loads than at low load (that's why the gear box may need cooling for high horsepower engines, it certainly does not need cooling when we are coasting back to low RPMs...). So it is better than just guessing, but you may still add some % in the "Additional horsepower correction" to compensate for the loss at high load.

Yes, I agree with you that the printing shall be better. I am working on improving this now, should come in the next release!!

Cheers,
Jostein

Posted : 24/02/2018 12:39 am
Shaheenem and Walter reacted
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Greetings, tuners!

A bug fix for those of you running Imperial units. When saving and opening files, there was a bug in Engine Torque, which was read as metric. Wheel torque was correct.

http://www.yourdyno.com/YourDynoInstaller_3.01.55.msi

Cheers,
Jostein

Posted : 11/03/2018 1:43 am
Page 1 / 44
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar