[Sticky] Latest software version
Software version 3.01.56 was released today. It brings only 1 change: An improvement to the gear ratio calculation when using 2 brakes. Previously the calculation assumed the two wheels where spinning at the same speed, which is not necessarily correct. Now, both wheels speeds are properly included in the gear ratio calculation.
The loss calculation is a big addon to the software but i have two big questions i hope you can answer. I think i´ve seen somewhere how to really read the losses instead of calculating the %. I am still measuring with the option "enable aditional horse power correction". do you know where you have this explained and what to do to calibrate it?
Second question is the print format. I know that the print format is actually a print screen but i think you could take the software into a new level by adding a very good looking print forma.
A friend of mine was developing a litle excell worksheet that could convert the CSV's into a beautifull print format but he is at 50% and has litle time to finish. i have attached the layout that he developed reading the csv's. Do you have any easy way or any intention of making something like this in a near future?
Thank you very much,
PS- we are still waiting for our Bosch FLA to arrive from service to implement you software on it. meanwhile we are still using the inertia dyno.
Hi! do you have any update for that conversor? should be good use with yourdyno!
The new print functionality is making good progress! Coming soon.
that's wonderfull. really am missing that funcionality. always showing pics instead of real prints and that's not what people want.
Also, if i may ask, the things i woulg like to have printed was:
as well as the norma used
Version 3.01.58 is released :-). It gives the following improvements:
- Much improved print functionality. You can now include a header with text and image, plus print quality is better.
- All environmental conditions are shown in the table below the graphs, both on the screen and on the print
- Gear ratio button added in the Run window, after popular demand 😉
- A new "Clear all runs" command available in the main menu
- Fixed a bug that when you change the brake curve, you had to close and open the Run window for the new curve to be recognized. Now it is updated immediately.
- Fixed a bug so that "Spacebar" to start/stop a run actually works
still having issues on the results page , hp tq graph , seems the max torque uses the scale on the left of the page , when you hold cursor over torque line on graph it displays correct using the scale on right . but on the bottom of page max torque is not displayed correct seems to use scale on left
Hi, I double checked this, and everything looks correct. Can you send a screen shot?
There is a bug when trying to center when printing, Im trying center but it reset and on the paper is off.
the torque scale has a bug also when displayed in imperial units it does not read correct it follows hp scale but when using metric it follows the the correct scale , I use imperial units also screen is not centered when printing
I will look into this!
YourDyno v3.01.62 is now released. Changes:
- Fixed a bug when you did a "Clear all runs" and then did more runs and saved them, the old runs were also saved
- Fixed a bug where the Max torque was wrongly shown in the table when unit is Imperial. There was also a bug in Wheel torque when saving/opening that was corrected for Imperial units
- Allowed negative Horsepower correction values
- A couple of other cleanups
Thanks for the inputs, enjoy!
Software version 3.01.63 is released. It brings the following:
- Support for stepper motors with CW/CCW mode, previously only CNT/DIR was supported. The new firmware 1.15 is needed for this option. Just press "Upgrade to latest firmware".
- Improved usability when doing runs with calculated losses from retardation data. Now all Aux and Thermocouple data are removed in the retardation phase. Previously the data was shown also for the retardation phase, which is not interesting plus makes the graphs difficult to read. You can still see all data in the Aux and Thermocouple vs time.
- Fixed a bug in the print page margin settings when using Metric units.
- A very minor cleanup on the display of the progress bar in the firmware download when download is finished.
still having major software issues computer drops connection to dyno box at random , does not open program at random, and when using auto start and finish get error code when closing , when selecting save and restart computer locks and goes black have to restart entire system , thought it was a computer issue so i bought a new one core i7 , still the same problems , running windows 10 kinda frustrated