Clear all

USB bandwidth

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@angelo)
Topic starter

Hello,

I plan to put the Ultimate controller in a box, with a USB Hub where Webcams and other devices will be connected. 

So there will be only 1 USB cable going to the box.

What is the Software<->Controller traffic ??? Will the cameras interfere with the control algorithm ??

Angelo

Posted : 06/02/2023 2:02 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi,

YourDyno uses USB 2.0 Full Speed, meaning max 12MBit/s. There should be 12Mbit/s available for YourDyno, although it does not use up the full bandwidth. You may use a USB High speed USB hub which can take much higher bandwidth from the PC to the hub. 

Note that if you need an extender or isolator due to long distances/different ground potential, many of them are 12MBit/s only.

Posted : 06/02/2023 2:52 pm
(@james-meyers)

@admin So a USB extender will not create issues?  I was just going to ask this question as my setup is going to require some type of extension.  Thanks again for the awesome product and support!!

Posted : 06/02/2023 10:29 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Extenders work fine. I recommend an isolated type if there is a chance of different ground potential (which is not that uncommon in shops). Here is one: USB Isolator for Protection of all types of USB devices (usconverters.com)

This post was modified 1 year ago by Jostein

Posted : 09/02/2023 12:20 am
Share:
Select your currency