Notifications
Clear all

Start run, predetermined start/settle rpm

25 Posts
6 Users
4 Likes
(@mach_1)

Hi and welcome to the forum ManyPonies.

Yes unfortunate circumstances the way Dave passed away. Looks like Dave had no backup plan for existing  depac systems out in the fields. 

What brand/model dyno are you retro_fitting  YourDyno controller  onto ?

This clip maybe familiar  too !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mG2Q48l2V7A

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mG2Q48l2V7A

Posted : 19/04/2021 2:33 pm
(@manyponies)

@mach_1     I have a Stuska 800 .   I still have the load control but have not hooked up a stepper to it to see if it works.   . The stepper motor and the control valve were destroyed. I have the purchased the same stepper and valve that Dave used and hope to be able to make the yourdyno system work as smooth.    

I am gearing the valve and stepper differently than Dave did. He used a gear and belt drive to ratio the valve slower than the stepper and add torque. I am using a stepper gear reduction box

Posted : 19/04/2021 7:46 pm
(@mach_1)

Ok , what valve did Dave use ?  Do you have a part  number and manufactures details. 

You've aware there are planetary gearbox stepper motors avaliable in different ratios and sizes nice and compact units.

Posted : 20/04/2021 3:48 am
(@manyponies)

@mach_1    He used a milwakee 1 1/2" butterfly valve.      I am using a stepper planetary gearbox

Posted : 20/04/2021 11:06 am
(@manyponies)

I have another project that I want to to use this system for that will reqiure a record bottom . Record while buttom is depressed and stop recording when released.   

Posted : 20/04/2021 8:31 pm
(@mach_1)

Posted by: @manyponies

I have another project that I want to to use this system for that will reqiure a record bottom . Record while buttom is depressed and stop recording when released.   

Hi Manyponies , do you have a actaul picture of the internals of  " milwaukee 1 1/2" butterfly valve" ?

thanks

Posted : 21/04/2021 12:49 am
(@manyponies)

@mach_1   I'll take one , but it is a standard butterfly and not a customized globe style valve

Posted : 21/04/2021 11:03 am
(@mach_1)

Not a problem , just curious it being just a normal butterfly style valve.  Ty

Posted : 21/04/2021 12:35 pm
(@mjpower)
Topic starter

Did anything happen with this or did it move back in the line with other requests?

Posted : 24/05/2021 3:44 pm
(@boz-race-engines)

Posted by: @mjpower

@mach_1
i hope you people didnt understand me that wrong.

i just want the start rpm to be locked until hotkey is pressed.

so when you lead in to the run the dyno will hold the engine at steady state start rpm until user lets the sweep start...

yes exactly, i think we all want the same feature, as it is really the best method for rolling the engine into the pull when it comes to engine tuning

Posted : 25/05/2021 8:27 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar