169 Likes
115.5 K Views
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Greetings, tuners!

Software 3.01.65 was released today.

Changes:

• Enable PID parameters scaling vs RPM. Some brakes, in particular water brakes are more sensitive to control inputs at high RPMs, and therefore need lower PID parameters at high RPM than at low RPM
  • Better RPM noise filtering. The default allowable RPM changes from sample to sample is reduced, plus it is now possible for the user to enter the threshold. 
  • Added shortcut "v" to turn on and off the visible curve window.
  • Added the possibility to enter really small numbers for Pd. Pd is very sensitive and for many applications it is recommended to keep at 0. But now you can experiment with very low numbers, for example 50 times less than Ki or Kp. Note that too high Pd can make the system unstable, so experiment with care. 

Enjoy!

Jostein

Posted : 01/05/2018 10:14 pm
emzmotors and Walter reacted
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Greetings tuners!

Software version 3.01.67 was released today. It brings the following:

• New brake control mode! In addition to Manual mode and RPM Sweep, there is now a Brake sweep mode. This mode simulates the effect of driving up a steep hill that gradually flattens out. This mode is well suited for setups with slow brake control or engines with very abrupt torque curve, or in general for setups where the optimum PID parameter setting is difficult to find (oscillations). There is more explanation in the software itself.
  • Better documentation on the brake setups and parameters inside the software
  • Improved Autostart. Support for testing from high to low RPM using Autostart. 
  • Easier AUX input programming. You can now input two voltages and two corresponding sensor values instead of just 0V and 5V values
  • Support for very high number of pulses per revolution, typically from an encoder. The new firmware, version 1.16, is necessary for this. Just press the Firmware upgrade button and it downloads the code automatically. This is the only change in the new firmware.
  • Fixed a bug where the RPM was slightly off when using two brakes and compensation for inertia effects in the brake was on

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Jostein

Posted : 19/06/2018 10:25 pm
(@walter)

Hi Jostein, tried to update and get this error , tried many times and same error.

Posted : 19/06/2018 10:44 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Strange, it works here. I recompiled and uploaded again, can you try again? 

Anybody else getting this error?

Posted : 19/06/2018 11:15 pm
(@walter)

Restart PC, tried 2 times , and the last one Works. 

I have to make more test with Sweep brakes. sounds very good for my dyno but the one i tested didnt work properly, maybe i have to add more percentage in Sweep rate?

Posted : 19/06/2018 11:25 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Ok, good.

A few things to think about with Brake sweep.

1. If your system works fine with RPM sweep, no need to switch to Brake sweep
  2. With Brake sweep, start off at an RPM where the brake percentage is quite high. For water brakes and hydraulic brakes, this is good since they brake less at lower RPM, so they will start off high. For eddy brakes, if you start off at an RPM where the engine is very weak, the engine will accelerate very fast at its max power
  3. Lower percentage sweep rate = longer runs. If your engine ramps up too quickly, reduce the ramp rate. The percentage gives the rate with which the brake is reduced per second
  4. You must turn on compensation for moment of inertia for your brake, since unlike an RPM sweep, the time a sweep takes will vary with engine power, so the power it takes accelerate the brake must be compensated for to be able to compare runs. This option should in any case be turned on, but it is more important than for RPM sweeps where the same RPM curve is followed every run.
  5. Brake turns off when it reaches the Max RPM setting

Posted : 20/06/2018 7:31 am
Walter reacted
(@walter)

Hi Jostein, thanks for info! yes, RPM sweep Works good , just for testing on my dyno only. What i'd like is the Sync option , not sure if the same sync option can be added too to RPM sweep.

Posted : 20/06/2018 11:14 am
(@xtcund)

Hi Jostei, everytime i update i have to go through the print layout configuration again. is there any simpler way?

Posted : 22/06/2018 2:14 pm
(@xtcund)

Hi again Jostein, after updating the software and firmware, i have no RPM. i had to uninstall everything and install previous version again... checked everything after having dyno working again and compared the two configs and everything is configured the same way...

I cant calibrade Gear Ration and i cant dyno any car because RPM is always dead...

Posted : 22/06/2018 9:09 pm
Shaheenem reacted
(@shaheenem)

Yes. Seem to be having the same issue. Cannot get an rpm from gear ratio. Works with previous version though.

Posted : 22/06/2018 10:12 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

OK, I will remove the firmware version 1.16 until it is cleared up what this is. 

So it happens when you upgraded the firmware? Did you double check the Pulses per dyno rev? Also make sure gear ratio is not 0, then calibrate will not work. Enter any number except 0 for the gear ratio.

xtcund please let me know after double checking the above points, and also let me know if the other sensors work. Send me a raw data log file from a test run.

Posted : 22/06/2018 10:15 pm
(@xtcund)

It’s not the firmware. As I mentioned before, I run the program on my laptop after upgrading the firmware but with previous version of yourdyno without any problem. Everything you told me I double checked. When you set the rpm on the box to calibrate, the option to record the calibration always stays grey. And the rpm never rises. Pulses and everything is ok. Copied everything from working (previous) version.

Posted : 23/06/2018 2:06 am
(@xtcund)

It’s not the firmware. As I mentioned before, I run the program on my laptop after upgrading the firmware but with previous version of yourdyno without any problem. Everything you told me I double checked. When you set the rpm on the box to calibrate, the option to record the calibration always stays grey. And the rpm never rises. Pulses and everything is ok. Copied everything from working (previous) version.

Posted : 23/06/2018 2:06 am
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Indeed, guys, there was a mistake in the Gear ratio when using 1 RPM sensor. 

New version 3.01.68 is released. 

Posted : 23/06/2018 11:39 am
Shaheenem and Walter reacted
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Greetings tuners!

Software version 3.01.72 was released today. 

Here are the changes:

• Better resolution for the brake control analog min/max voltage specification
  • Support for brake sweeps in both directions, i.e. simulated steepening hill and simulated flattening hill
  • Fixed some bugs around automatic run start/stop and corrected handling of specified start delays (for RPM/Brake sweeps)

Enjoy!

Posted : 09/08/2018 11:33 pm
eric91 and MadsWP reacted
Page 3 / 44
Share:
Select your currency