Q&A Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Yourdyno v5 installation onto a Dynojet 200i Questions about ignition rpm & lambda

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Reactions
(@2smoke)
Topic starter

Hi,

So We've been converting my old 200i dynojet to the yourdyno setup. So far I've swapped over the old dynojet stuff and fitted a:

24T trigger wheel

Hall effect sensor for pickup off the trigger wheel

MSD tach signal pickup, coupled to the YD via a 1Kohm resistor into an optocoupler. 12vdc supply to the MSD. Wired as per instructions.

LD wideband controller, connected as per their instructions.

So, nothing really works. The drum RPM does but I'm failing to get any rpm reading from the ignition side, and the lambda is just showing a constant 7v.

Has anyone else used a similar setup who could share what they've done please?

Kinda bit lost here..

Thanks!

Paul

Posted : 19/09/2023 3:50 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi,

With a new YourDyno Standard (the v5) you don't need the MSD tach pickup. You just need an inductive pickup like this for example.

If you rather want to use the MSD you need a strong optocoupler, this is a good board: SparkFun Opto-isolator Breakout - BOB-09118 - SparkFun Electronics

For the Lambda, verify the voltage on the YourDyno Aux pins, and if this is good, check the Aux setup.

Posted : 19/09/2023 4:23 pm
(@2smoke)
Topic starter

Thanks for the reply, can I use the old dynojet inductive leads if they've been de-pinned?

What voltage should I see at the pins? And when you say check the aux setup, in what way please?

Thanks

Paul

Posted : 19/09/2023 4:46 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Yes, try the Dynojet pickup. If it is an inductive pickup then it is a good chance it will work. Best to clip over the primary (12V) of the coil, not the spark plug wires since it senses current not voltage. Hook it up to the Eng RPM input and configure the Eng RPM in the software.

Aux setup is under Options->Aux channels in the software

Posted : 19/09/2023 6:03 pm
2Smoke reacted
(@2smoke)
Topic starter

Got that side working thanks!

Posted : 21/09/2023 12:31 pm
Jostein reacted
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar