Notifications
Clear all

What to expect out of a Clayton 200 2wd 8" wheels Dyno digital conversion

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jlowerods)
Topic starter

I am looking for answers. I currently have a 2wd Clayton 200 stock water break! going to rebuild /sand blast and coat, new seals and bearings. chassis dyno is all analog wanting to convert to digital and use your Dino Hardware. What should I expect to be able to load to with what load cell? May upgrade dynamometer later. keep original chassis and roller setup if possible. Need to measure between 200hp-800hp or more if possible v8 turbo without blowing up tires.? Any help will be much appreciated. I am located in Colorado Springs Colorado United States low higher elevation then normal Harder to achieve bigger numbers.

Posted : 25/02/2019 7:45 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi, 

I don't know that brake, but we are experimenting a lot with water brakes at the moment, and the brake mode called "Load control" works great for water brakes. We are testing drag race engines with very steep torque curves!

Many water brakes can take 800hp. It depends on your chassis too.

YourDyno has compensation for environmental effects like ambient air pressure. 

Posted : 25/02/2019 9:58 pm
(@mach_1)

Hi , there should be a ID-tag plaque on the actual Claytons' water brake dyno absorber with it's vital brakes information. Take a picture of the ID tag plaque and post.  Also what diameter are the rollers on this chassis dyno ?

Posted : 25/02/2019 10:21 pm
(@jlowerods)
Topic starter

I have posted a couple of videos of the dyno I'm wanting to convert. https://youtu.be/Whc1aY01hxE

Posted : 25/02/2019 10:24 pm
(@jlowerods)
Topic starter

What I was meaning by the location I'm at is the altitude is kind of high so realistically the numbers I'll be reaching are more in the 180 to 700 range not very often do I come across a customers that want to build more than that but there is always the exception. I do understand it has an ambient pressure sensor that makes up for pressure change= elevation. Just not sure what load cell i should be used. I have seen other dynos rated up to 800hp with 8 inch rollers will be checking Tire sidewall temperature with a infrared thermometer not to run into you trouble don't want to have to pay for  Fenders and paint lol.

Posted : 25/02/2019 10:39 pm
(@jlowerods)
Topic starter

Efi live is what most of my work v8

Posted : 25/02/2019 10:40 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard

Posted by: Jlowerods

Efi live is what most of my work v8

Hmm might have to work on a EFILive plugin for YourDyno since I use EFILive as well for GM and Holden 2000+

Posted : 26/02/2019 7:48 am
(@jlowerods)
Topic starter

Ct-200 model 

This post was modified 5 years ago by Jlowerods

Posted : 28/02/2019 3:51 am
(@mach_1)

Posted by: Jlowerods

Ct-200 model 

Hi , normally the ID-tag has the hp and rpm rating stamped on them but unfortunately that ID-tag doesn't reveal any pertinent information about Ct-200 model. I suggest e-mailing Claytons dyno and see if they are willing to help. 

Posted : 01/03/2019 12:53 pm
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar