Notifications
Clear all

Water plumbing of Stuska dyno and possible problems

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@greg-hogue)
Topic starter

We recently acquired a stuska dyno.  We have the main gate valve and the stepper motor-driven cone valve. I have run super flows in the past. I am trying to get the water right and using a mild 600 hp big block that I can beat on for many pulls without wear.   The water was run from the valve overhead.  Not my choice, but that the way it is to 1 1/4 lines from the valve and dropping down on the absorption unit.  I go up on the throttle and push water in.  I started getting too much water and backed off.  The motor keeps loading harder.  I went to an idle and every time, I can not even clear the motor out due to load.   My thought is that the water continues to run into the absorbers and the water needs to come in down lower that the unit.           

Posted : 14/04/2022 8:36 am
(@kevin-hamilton)

I apologize, but I'm not real clear on your setup. So I have a few questions for you. My experience has been that using a standard Stuska valve with some sort of drive motor is very slow to react. Are you stating that you are depending on head pressure only from your ceiling mounted tank? Is your system using your dyno software and data acquisition?  You were not clear about if your harware was something you manufactured? I'm sure there is a reasonable solution to your issue.

Posted : 15/04/2022 3:48 am
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar