Clear all

UK users, build advice needed

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@2teng)
Topic starter

Hi 

I'm looking at building a Dyno and would really appreciate a chat with a UK user.

My application is motorcycle based, but general discussion regards using inertia and or brake retarder would be great.

Kind regards Andy

Posted : 13/01/2020 3:34 pm
(@mach_1)

Doesn't  matter what country you're  in dynos work the same.

I would suggest electric retarder based dyno . This will all depend on $$$$$ budget you have to play with.

Posted : 14/01/2020 11:45 am
(@2teng)
Topic starter

Appreciate that dynos are not country dependant..😉

I was keen to talk with UK users simply as its good to have local contacts in the same time zone.

Also it may be an option to see a your Dyno based system in use, possibly even get access to one. Clearly time I would be prepared to pay for but would be great preparation before building one.

I like the idea of a retarder based Dyno, im interested to know more about it being used in a sweep mode as most of my applications are not well suited to static load measurements.

Thanks for your input.....

Andy

Posted : 14/01/2020 3:28 pm
(@mach_1)

Withe retard based dyno you can do sweep mode ( ie  graph run pull ) and steady state dyno pulls at light throttle to wide open throttle for live tuning purposes. 

Way more flexable than a inertial  based  dyno( heavy dead weight) 

Just a specific  questions  you want more clarity  on people will answer in the forum.

But to actaully  physically  see one in action yes Australia is way too far. 

Posted : 14/01/2020 11:45 pm
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar