Notifications
Clear all

Temp Sensor Pull Up Resistor

5 Posts
4 Users
2 Likes
(@james-meyers)
Topic starter

Looking to use an automotive type temp sensor for coolant temp.  I see that I can now change one of the inputs for a non linear sensor.  My question is what pull up resistor is used inside of the yourdyno box on the analog inputs?  Or is there not one?  Just trying to figure the voltage input based on the sensor I am going to be using.

Thanks

Posted : 04/01/2021 6:26 pm
(@boz-race-engines)

good question

Posted : 31/01/2021 5:11 am
(@james-meyers)
Topic starter

I got mine to work.  I used GM sensor part number (cheap aftermarket replacement) 213-928.  I sent 5 volts from the power supply to a fixed 10k ohm resistor then out to the temp sensor.  This then went back to ground on the power supply. 

The Aux input to the YourDyno.com box is monitoring voltage on either side of the temp sensor.  As long as you know the resistance of the sensor at different temperatures you can use a voltage divider calculator online to figure what the voltage will be at each temperature.

Posted : 01/02/2021 4:15 pm
Jostein reacted
(@mark-camilleri)
Member Customer

@james-meyers

im looking to run an automotive coolant temp sensor, my question is where are you getting the 5v supply from? 
external power supply or 5v from a spare rpm or load cell output 

is there a risk of pulling to much current from the yourdyno unit 

Posted : 03/06/2021 7:34 am
(@admin)
Member Admin

You can pull the 5V for a coolant sensor from the YourDyno Load cell 2 for example. You need a series resistor with the sensor, something like 5kOhm. 

Posted : 26/06/2021 11:45 pm
Share:
Select your currency