Clear all

TELMA F2200 Coil Resistance 0.37 Ohms what Voltage Selection

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@breastfed)
Topic starter

Hi

I'm finally starting to get the retarder assembled which is a Focal unit that's morphed into the version I should have had....

I was reading through some of the eddy power supply posts and I see for the 192V DC operation the combined 16 coils has a Resistance of around 15 Ohms. After lots of searching about Thailand I found an old banger focal F2200 unit from a Scania bus. The 8 Coils meg tested fine and each coil had a Resistance of 0.37 Ohms, however the combined this is only ~3 ohms which is kinda low and would draw around 30 A @ 92VDC.

My intended use for this oversized retarder is a Chassis Dyno for tuning bikes (160HP) and for sure I would love to have found something half the size, no doubt something will pop up when you don't expect it.

I wont ever get anywhere near the rated 2200Nm with this beast as its easily capable of absorbing 160HP, would my thinking be correct that I will get away with less amps to create sufficient load for 160HP ?

The YourDyno setup shows the PS voltage selection is just a matter of entering the desired operating voltage for the retarder PS ?

Appreciate any thoughts and comments

Breasfed

Posted : 20/01/2023 4:29 pm
(@breastfed)
Topic starter

A couple more pictures

Posted : 20/01/2023 4:30 pm
(@breastfed)
Topic starter

another

Posted : 20/01/2023 4:31 pm
(@breastfed)
Topic starter

Hi

Regards to "YourDyno Eddy Power Supply setup", example if this was set to 96V, I'm not aware if there's any feedback or closed loop operation so how does this limit the YD Power Supply Voltage output when it's controlled via a 0-5V PWM ?

Breastfed

Posted : 31/01/2023 10:37 am
Share:
Select your currency