Clear all

[Sticky] New Software features

171 Posts
50 Users
34 Reactions
40.4 K Views
(@bartosz-pankow)
Member Customer

Yes, Ive checked it. Its super cool. I just really would like to have couple extra features with it. When we are tuning at constant RPM (lets say 3000) and alpha-n timing, we need to reset live graph every time we go from one table to another, to get visible line. I know when we are pushing more throttle then there is more torque, but sometimes its not so obvious when we have retarded timing. Reset button will be extremely helpful. In situation when we are tuning 10% TPS and want to tune 15% next, it will be much faster to click reset graph and have new curve. Also except looking at curve, it would be nice to have max torque/ignition angle indicator (like "max torque at 27,5 deg").

Some ecus send knock flag like motec,emu (1 = knocking), some knock level. Red indicator when knocking (for flag just on/off, for knock level thereshold value) would be much more visible and therefore could save engine if we can see it early. Indicators like CLT, Oil press, Oil temp, Injector DC could also have warning therehold, at which shows warning message.

Curve smoothing factor would keep torque spikes smoother. Autoscale on/off button will makes things simplier (sometimes fixed axis work better with this mode), and torque optimisation gauges arrange button would be best. We could fastly change between normal power sweep to torque optimisation mode and vice versa.

This is how I imagine it :

https://ibb.co/RCfS4bL    

Posted : 20/01/2021 2:02 pm
MjPower reacted
(@powertuning)
Member Customer

I see this dyno test and I like the ideea with dotted line for first run and full line for second run. Also, can you make it to show max power and torque like in this image.

Best regards Jostein 

Good work

Posted : 14/02/2021 10:03 pm
SMR, Spanners and MjPower reacted
(@manyponies)

Posted by: @aslot

Formula editor for creating custom Formulas using values(tags) from runs in combination with equations.

Result from formula can for example be used for showing N/A Power off a boosted car or deviation from a "base run" in the log. Usefull for ignition tuning.

Matc channels would be a great add.    This would be handy for   BSFC 

Posted : 15/02/2021 4:05 pm
kessel.one reacted
(@mjpower)

@powertuning

+1 for this!!!

Posted : 18/02/2021 5:14 pm
(@tutuur)
Enthousiast

@mjpower

I’ve asked Jostein in the past and he said he’ll work on it. A bit different approach though, I’ve opted to have an option to make markers, so you can compare a specific point in the graph.

for instance max numbers could be only 10hp apart, while somewhere in the rev range it could be 50hp. So you can add a marker at that point of the graph clearly showing the difference between the two (or multiple)

Posted : 20/02/2021 8:34 pm
SMR reacted
(@gse_uk)

Unit Selection

Would it be possible to have more individual options for unit selection? , I am from the UK and of a generation being brought up on a mixture of Imperial and Metric units. My preference would be for Torque in lbs/ft and Temperature in Centigrade but at the moment it's either both in Imperial or Metric. Also, I prefer to use Lambda to AFR and Bar to MPA for pressure. If at some point this could be implemented into the software it would be great. Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this product Jostein, I don't think I would have built my own hub dyno if I had not come across your control package

Cheers

Graham

Posted : 01/05/2021 12:53 pm
(@spanners)

Feature wishlist

• Would be useful to be able specify the units for power, torque, pressure, air fuel  and temp individually rather than just metric or imperial
  • Adding Logo to the sheets
  • Manual range setting of graph scales

Posted : 18/05/2021 3:25 am
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi,

Units for aux channels can be set individually (lambda, pressure, etc) without restrictions, any mix is possible. Just type in the unit you want and adjust the Aux setup to fit (translation between analog voltage in and the sensor value in your chosen unit). 

Posted : 18/05/2021 8:44 am
Spanners reacted
(@kessel-one)

It is great that I am able to measure fwd and rwd cars on my dyno. Reversing brake calibration is a vehicle specific option though. Could this be stored and selected within gear ratio/rpm setup menu so that I do not have remember changing this in options menu?

Thanks for considering...

Thomas

Posted : 19/05/2021 11:08 am
(@spanners)

What about the ability to do warm up or run-in loading?

For warmup could Pre-program say 2500 -3500rpm 'blips' say every 2 seconds

This could then further lead onto the ability to load a target RPM v Time excel sheet and then effectively run a lap of the track on the engine dyno

Posted : 26/05/2021 6:16 am
(@danny_530)

@kessel-one I was about to pull very same request.

I run the dyno in both direction, so I invert calibration quite often. 
Plus I use auto MOI calculation, so I get different numbers between cars.

No matter if I do vehicle specific folder that I can re-open when needed, to speed up... every time I change vehicle I have to check/change calibration direction, engine type in environmental power correction, re-do a MOI test if I've not saved previous result somewhere in a txt file... basically, doing every set that's in basic Option menu every time, because they're not tied to Run options in any way.

It would be very very very appreciated to get all the options back while swapping car with an alredy dynoed one, and calling back appropriate session folder... like overriding basic options...or vehicle-specific options under Run options... there would be two ways to get it.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Danny_530

Posted : 22/06/2021 11:52 am
(@olexiy-novoselov)
Member Customer

Good morning, I bought the xencelabs remote that you recently put on youtube, and it is fantastic !!

I would like if you could add these 2 options to Hotkeys:

- Hotkey "DISMISS" in RUN WINDOW
- Hotkeys to Brake Control in the RPM SETUP MENU

In this way I can do all the work with the remote, now to be able to calibrate RPM with brake load I need to do it with a mouse, it would be great to be able to do everything with the remote.

Apart from doing that when we calibrate RPM with brake load, when I re-calibrate RPM to another car, make by default the brake load is at 0, because now it keeps in memory last brake apliend to calibration rpm, and many times when I go to calibrate rpm I have the car running and when I open the rpm menu, it applies a sudden brake and if it is a car that is not very powerful and car before was with more power, its to muche brake sudenly and it stops the car, because I don't have time to release the brake slider on menu. So if you can make DEFAULT brake on RPM SETUN to be 0, will be very happy!

Thank you

Posted : 12/11/2021 12:29 pm
(@dave78)

What about the ability to automatically control the throttle based upon an graph similar to the rpm curves.

I currently use a servo motor to operate the throttle and would be great to be able to link into the yourdyno system and automate once the run button is pressed.

Thanks,

Dave

Posted : 15/11/2021 11:02 pm
 OSI
(@osi)

I have an option on my current software that i like. I don't see it in your software. Possibly looking in wrong place. Again very impressed on what I've seen so far. Getting ready to make an order.

The option i have is :

i can set an start road speed and an end road speed. Once end road speed is reached dyno will not let engine rpm go any faster. when i slow down below start speed i can automaticly increase speed and start another run as many times as i like

Posted : 17/11/2021 2:31 am
 OSI
(@osi)

ooops, should have read more. found it . Thanks. I have your system ordered. looking forward to it.

Posted : 22/11/2021 12:04 am
Jostein reacted
Page 8 / 12
Share:
Select your currency