[Sticky] Latest software version

657 Posts
76 Users
168 Likes
115.4 K Views
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

The firmware update issue is solved now.  http://yourdyno.com/YourDynoInstaller_3.2.10.msi

Posted : 21/01/2019 10:20 pm
(@powertuning)
Member Customer

Posted by: admin

Greetings tuners!

Software version 3.01.83 was released today. 

Changes:

• Much better noise reduction system. See this video for demonstration
  • Support for hotkeys and wireless devices, see this video for demonstration
  • Improved PID control: This improvement is for the D part of PID. D stands for Derivative, and is a parameter to dampen oscillations. Most Eddy brake setups will still work best with Pd = 0, but if cannot fix your oscillation issues by lowering the Kp and Ki you can try adding some Pd. Water brakes can work well with Kd. 
  • Added a "Coast now!" feature. This can be useful when doing a sweep and logging data while retarding after the run to calculate the drive train losses. If you need precise control of when the brake turns off (i.e. exactly when you press the clutch), just press the "Coast now" button. It turns off the brake but continues to log data. This is optional to use, if your setup works well in auto mode, just continue with that
  • Improved the speed of opening the Run window. No longer will the gauges flicker around before settling
  • Fixed a bug where the font in the digital gauges sometimes was too large for the gauge display so parts of the numbers were cut
  • Better error messages a few places and fixed a couple of minor other bugs

Enjoy!

Hello,

Can you post the changes made in the latest sw release, please

Regards

Posted : 23/02/2019 9:24 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard

Greetings tuners!

Software version 3.2.22 was released and can be found on downloads page. 
https://yourdyno.com/YourDynoInstaller_3.2.22.msi

Changes:

• RPM can be synced with ScanTool plugin.
  • Backend changes for Plugins
  • Backend changes for brake control.
  • New brake mode (read instructions from with in run screen)
  • Lots of bug fixes.

And remember this is a Beta release.
Enjoy!

This post was modified 5 years ago by bmgjet

Posted : 25/02/2019 7:32 am
Jostein reacted
 Dev
(@dev)

Couple of practical points for those of us that test a lot of cars:

Inertia saved in sessions:

with light rollers, the intertia of the vehicle can be a large contribution, so it would save a lot of time to have this setup for different vehicles.  An SUV has a much higher intertia than an AWD Golf.

Freely editable text and images:

An option to insert an image and text onto the graph, for example a picture of an arrow to point out a specific part of the curve then some text as a note.  Car logo's could also be used.

Thanks!

Posted : 27/02/2019 11:46 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard

Jostein if your going to re-work the profiles stuff, It would be nice if you simplified it a little further.
Lock main dir as a selected location in the options. New Profile button opens input box to enter name and makes folder in that name for you.
Double click profile opens it.

My Documents is where I have mine set to go, And its a mess with a little over 200 folders now. Some profiles also always ending up with in different cars profiles when one of the other works has clicked wrong thing in wrong order.

I could probably make you a demo in C# of what I mean.

@Dev At the moment if you need to edit them you can print dyno sheet to image first, Then edit it in something like Paint and print from there. Thats what I do.
One dyno day I had and wanted to water mark every dyno sheet I saved them as pdf and had foxit pdf editor watermark automatically and print them when a pdf would show up in its input folder..
A litte more work doing that but it keep the hardware requirements to show graphs down. As it is my dyno rooms computer struggles with 12 graphs. Makes it hard for who to kick off the leader board.

Posted : 28/02/2019 9:09 am
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Good idea on the inertia. Possibly have inertia set like today which represents the dyno's inertia, but with an additional car based inertia that can be set per car. 

Bmgjet, yes, I see this can be improved as well. I would be happy for some demo code that I can get going with. 

Posted : 28/02/2019 11:34 pm
MjPower reacted
 Dev
(@dev)

With inertia there are a number of ways you can approach it. It would be good  to set the dyno inertia bit it’s. It way to do as any measuring will also incorporate the vehicle inertia

Dyno dynamics do it with shoot out modes with various settings for engine configurations and drivetrains. Such as 4 6 or 8 cylinder. The idea is an 8 cylinder car has more inertia than a 4. Then there is drivetrain. 4wd has more than 2wd. These of course are all estimates. The most accurate way is to measure every car but it might not be practical. Some default presets may help. 

Posted : 01/03/2019 12:51 am
MjPower reacted
(@qwertyuiop)

Hello, I have been using yourdyno for several months, I am very happy, but I miss one thing, namely the presentation of real-time parameters during the measurement on the graph, not just the indicators. Do you plan to introduce such options in the software? Other dynamometers have this function (eg dynomet).

Posted : 03/03/2019 10:15 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard

Can you explain more what you mean by real time parameters.

Posted : 03/03/2019 10:28 pm
(@qwertyuiop)

Like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUdI7EXmfv8

from 1:07 to 1:35

x axis - rpm

y axis - hp on wheel

black line - hp on wheel during measurment

blue line - lossless during deacceleration

But you could turn on and off the rest of the parameters from the gauges on this graph

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by qwertyuiop

Posted : 03/03/2019 10:59 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard

Scantool plugin has real time graphing, Not exactly whats your asking for tho.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T7vtDk4LC4

Posted : 03/03/2019 11:10 pm
(@qwertyuiop)

You don't understand me. 

In Yourdyno during measurment HP, Torque, RPM, AFR etc. are displayed on gauges (analog or digital) . I need to be displayed on the graph. This is more readable to me than individual gauges.

Scantool reading parameters from OBD2, not from rollers.

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by qwertyuiop

Posted : 03/03/2019 11:22 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Yes, this is currently not supported. It is on the to-do list too, although not in the immediate future. You would right-click to select Analog, Digital or Graph. I agree it is very useful for some parameters! 

Posted : 03/03/2019 11:27 pm
qwertyuiop reacted
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard

Scantool graph can graph every sensor thats connected to YourDyno box (hp and nm included).
It doesnt need to be connected to any cars datalogging stream to use the graphing feature.
Personally I use the graph most for the same reason youv explained which is its easier to read NM torque in a line graph when adjusting timing in steady state then trying to read numbers.

Here is a screen shot of what it would log with no datastream connection.

Posted : 03/03/2019 11:30 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

A few notes on the latest Beta release 3.2.25: 

• Ability to edit comments after the run, no longer only upfront
  • Improvements to Load Control brake mode (support for Advanced control, better regulator)

Enjoy!

---- bmgjet edit ----
Download link:
https://yourdyno.com/YourDynoInstaller_3.2.25.msi

This post was modified 5 years ago by bmgjet

Posted : 03/03/2019 11:30 pm
Page 6 / 44
Share:
Select your currency