168 Likes
115.4 K Views
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Thank you, fixed now. 

Posted : 19/01/2020 5:45 pm
(@rnrmotorsports)

So technically other than language no real change for a single axle Dyno?

Posted : 19/01/2020 9:14 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

@rnrmotorsports, yes. 

Posted : 19/01/2020 11:43 pm
(@mikecarr4)

Hi, Please can you help me...I have a Minibike dyno, I have been using it for a couple of months now using the Load Control and Brake Control features, mainly because I can't seem to stop the oscillations using the power sweep no matter what K numbers I use....anyway..

My problem is I have just upgraded the software to 3.2.59 from previous which I think was 3.2.52 and firmware to allow me to use the Dracal PTH-200 external sensor and now I can't get a clean run without the Data Connection Monitor going Red and sending the brake crazy! I have tried shutting down the PC several times, changed the USB cable from yourdyno box to PC ,Tried unplugging the Dracal device, tried different USB ports but no difference....I was using the dyno yesterday with a customer no problem and I have a customer coming round tomorrow so need it sorting asap!

One thing I did notice was the PWM tick box was checked in the Brake Controller setup wheras my dyno is set up for Analogue, so I thought this was maybe a default during the update. So I thought maybe the brake hasn't been working all along and I could have just been doing Inertia runs only by having the PWM option ticked...? I have tried both options and the brake still comes on and off during a run... I have tested the brake manually in Analogue mode by sliding the cursor across and you can hear it working ok.

I really have no idea! Can I revert back to 3.2.52 software to try that again?

Any help would be much appreciated...

See video below to show whats happening....  https://youtu.be/F3zpL6W5-vI

Posted : 20/01/2020 8:25 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi,

It may be the PTH200 that is acting up. It can clog the usb if it is not configured or not connected. Make sure it works (meaning it can read the env data, even if you don't use it). If this is ok, next step is to uninstall the plugin. Do this by deleting the pth200.dll file in the plugin directory (normally C:\ProgramData\YourDynoPlugins). You need to exit YourDyno first. 

If this does not work you can uninstall YourDyno and install 3.2.52. You find it here. I have not heard of anyone with this sort of problem with v3.2.59, so it is unlikely to be the cause. 

Other ideas to check wirings and sensors (unplug any extra sensors you might have).

Posted : 20/01/2020 8:46 pm
mikecarr4 reacted
(@mikecarr4)

Ok thank you. I must add that I did manage to do several runs with the PTH200 connected and was working fine for a short period. It was only when I started to change the % of brake used in Load Control and realised it wasn't making the run any different, this is when I decided to look at the brake controller setup and found it at PWM mode...I changed it to Analogue, no different, restarted the PC and it started working again....Something not quite right. It would be a shame to not use the PTH 200 as I specially ordered it from Canada to UK but nevermind, thanks for the 3.2.52 software again...much appreciated I will try that and fingers crossed it solves the issue!

Mike.

Posted : 20/01/2020 9:04 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Yes, don't give up on the PTH200, it was just some suggestions for debugging. Let me know how it goes by mail, then when it is sorted we can post so others see the solution. 

Posted : 20/01/2020 9:24 pm
mikecarr4 reacted
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Guys, found a bug in manual brake mode and load control brake mode on the 3.2.68. Will fix soon!

Posted : 21/01/2020 10:58 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Hi guys,

Fixed those brake mode bugs, new version available: Version 3.2.69 (beta)

Keep tuning!

Posted : 22/01/2020 11:44 pm
(@mikecarr4)

Posted by: admin

Yes, don't give up on the PTH200, it was just some suggestions for debugging. Let me know how it goes by mail, then when it is sorted we can post so others see the solution. 

Problem solved...turned out to be a non-resistor type plug causing the issues! PTH200 all working well.

Is there a way to show wheel horsepower with a solid line? I only work with wheel horsepower but my graphs are showing engine horsepower at the moment just so I can have a solid line. Thanks, Mike.

Posted : 24/01/2020 12:16 pm
Jostein reacted
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Greetings tuners,

YourDyno version 3.2.72 was released today. This is still a beta but is expected to be converted to a release soon. 

Changes: 

• Ability to reverse the load cell calibration, used when swapping between FWD and RWD cars
  • New layout of the Run window, with quick selection for brake mode
  • More hotkey definitions, now also supporting swapping brake modes
  • New Update Software support. Now you can opt in or out of Beta release notification, and turn on and off reminders of new released software too
  • New firmware, version 1.24. This firmware fixes a bug that could create a spike in the RPM signal very occasionally. The RPM spike software filter would remove this in almost all cases, but now the source of the spike is removed
  • Proper language support for Dutch, Ukrainian, Spanish and Vietnamese. More languages in progress

Enjoy! 

Note: Make sure to use the latest version of ScanTool.dll and PTH200.dll if you use these plugins. The old ScanTool.dll plugin crashes with YourDyno 3.2.68 and newer. 

Posted : 23/02/2020 9:43 am
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Tuners,

Minor update, Version 3.2.73:

• Fixed bug that would show the Pulses per revolution for trigger wheel 1 also for Trigger wheel 2 when going into the RPM Setup window. Gear ratio calculation was still correct when the number of pulses was entered, but you had to enter the pulses per revolution each time you wanted to do a gear ratio check. 
  • Fixed a bug in Hotkeys for New run with stored retardation

Those of you who have turned on notifications for new beta versions will see this new version automatically ;-). 

Happy tuning!

Posted : 04/03/2020 9:54 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Posted by: @radics1

Hello Jostein,

any chance to get back the power correction factor on the result page? Or it could be optional selectable,as some may not want to see it.

Do you plan to add another correction factor option,like the DIN70020?

Thank you!

Yes, I agree, it should be possible to see the correction. I will add it as an option. The correction is stored in the .csv file when you save it, so it is present. 

And DIN can be added too easily, I will do it. 

Posted : 09/03/2020 8:27 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin
Topic starter

Tuners,

Minor update, version 3.2.74:

• Higher RPM update rate for slow spinning rollers
  • Load Control brake mode was made smoother when transitioning from stabilization period to sweep

Cheers!

Posted : 22/03/2020 11:07 pm
(@madswp)

Hello Jostein

Within the last couple of months i have had trouble stabilizing my retarder brake, when using "power sweep" option. I have used this function for years now, but something has changed in software so system i unstable lately. i have tested P and I values from 0,05 to 4, and standing several hours at dyno without getting it under control. Either slow reacting brake or heavy oscillations. Justein - has something been changed in power sweep or PID control within the last couple of months?

I can use "brake sweep" which is an okay method for tractor dyno. But often after reaching maximum torque, this method will brake down engine very fast, and in some cases stall engine. When end rpm has been reached, then it also takes a few seconds before turning off brake. This is the cause of engine stall. When rpm is dropping fast then moment of inertia also have a huge impact on measurement.

And last a request: Tractor dynos often use another way of measuring power than yourdyno provide. I know this unit is rarely used for tractordyno but here my request for feature updates: Goal is to make a complete power+torquecurve with steady state measurement. Make an option for start rpm and stop rpm. And also rpm interval for measurement point. And last how many seconds brake will keep steady state rpm control at each point. This way a measurement will be made at each 25rpm (or desired) from max to low rpm. At 2 seconds steady state measurement point then average value must be used. This method will eliminate the moment of inertia completely. Since i am dynoing heavy diesel engines, the moment of intertia will be different at each measurement.

Posted : 28/03/2020 2:01 pm
Page 18 / 44
Share:
Select your currency