[Sticky] Latest software version  

Page 16 / 16
  RSS
(@radics1)

Hi,

i tried today the steady state mode,works like it should when the auto start is turned off. Thank you Jostein for the guidance.

Regarding 0 hp result,i can not tell you how to reproduce the issue. Today i had only WHP after a run,reloaded the raw data and then it was fine.

Also i have sometimes huge jumps during retardation,causing off numbers. In this case,reload the raw data does not help. I had this issue with older software version more often. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2019 8:58 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Send me a log file with the jumps in retardation and I can take a look. But I bet it is due to extra braking during retardation. If you watch RPM vs time it is sometimes possible to spot, but even small extra braking will cause quite large power changes, so it is not always easy to spot. The lower the MOI, the more sensitive it is for any small extra brake force. 

You will get a big jump if you manually stop the retardation run before it is finished. This is because engine power is set to wheel power in areas where there is no retardation data. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 06/08/2019 9:30 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Tuners,

Small update: YourDyno version 3.2.41. Added some logic to the "Slow down rotation after run is complete"-functionality. Previously you had to wait in the Run window until RPM is 0. This takes less time now with this option of course, but it was still possible to exit the Run window prematurely and the brake would continue to stay on. Now you can close the Run window during slowdown and the brake will stay on until RPM is 0, then turn off.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
Posted : 08/08/2019 9:31 pm
HondaRulez and Walter liked
(@admin)
Member Admin

Tuners!

YourDyno 3.2.42 is available. It enables Live graphs in the Run window 😎!

A short video here. https://youtu.be/rEhhJ6G-7uM

We may want to adjust the live view filtering options after testing on a few different dynos, so let me know your results.

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2019 10:57 pm
(@walter)

amazing! cant wait to test it!!!!  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2019 11:10 pm
(@amelia)

Very nice! thank you

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13/08/2019 11:40 pm
(@hondarulez)
Developer

Wow, It's very good news 🙂

few remarks:

after installing this version tells me the MOI correcttion is on while manual brake mode is ON.

I frequently switching between the manual and Power sweep modes.

so auto turn off MOI while manual mode is ON would be fine. (maybe as a option in the settings) .

abouth the live graph, its very cool and working fine but the jumping numbersin on the scales is a little confuse me.

so the time scaling would be zero aligned and negative time range like T-1, sec T-2 sec and so on... the dispalyed randge depend on a X zoom settings.

with autoscale the jumping can be high too, so a centered mode would be fine where I can set the centre value of the graph's like 200 Nn... in this case I just seeing the 200 +/- 100 Nm or so depend on the Y zoom settings

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2019 12:59 pm
(@walter)

I use a lot manual mode and Rpm curve but dont see why to off MOI, any special reason?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2019 1:09 pm
(@hondarulez)
Developer

after few test 🙂

wide wiew of the graphs would be fine too 🙂

also after switching between the gauge modes the scale become corrupted...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2019 1:40 pm
 Dev
(@dev)

Would it be possible to graph vs RPM or speed instead of just time?  Also, to show a number as well as the graph plot?

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2019 1:50 pm
(@hondarulez)
Developer

BTW the live graph is very helpfull to setup the PID, well visible the oscillation/overshoots.

a "Pause sample" or stopp scrolling button  ? ? to have to time to analyse the graphs 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2019 3:30 pm
(@rnrmotorsports)

Is it possible to change how the gauges are resized? IE....want to make a live graph gauge wide and short.... Can this be done? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2019 6:16 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Thanks for the nice feedback guys.

Regarding the MOI compensation in manual mode. The idea here is that in manual mode the RPM will hover around the set point but will have lots of micro accelerations all the time that translates into torque readings with the MOI compensation option on. We don't need that, we want the load cell reading (averaged a bit). If you click Yes, then the MOI compensation is turned off. You can choose to leave it on if you want. 

@dev, yes, possible to graph vs RPM. But it will be unreadable in anything but a smoothly increasing or decreasing RPM curve. It is a simple change though, let me check.

@hondarules, the x-axis is just a running number so does not matter really, but could you tell me how you got it to show the decimal number? Actually the graph is paused if analog or digital are selected (to save CPU a bit) but I will change it so it restarts from 0 if you swap back and forth, that is a bit more logical. 

Yes, rectangular gauges as opposed to quadratic are more needed now, I will put that on the list. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14/08/2019 8:00 pm
 Dev
(@dev)

I've tuned quite a few cars with live graphs now.  95% is done with power sweeps.  The real benefit from live graphs is being to watch it being overlaid on a previous run.  I can then abort the run if i see power is not going where i want it to rather than having to complete the entire run.

I'm not sure how this would work with the current interface.

Dev

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15/08/2019 3:06 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi,

The live graphs are basically made for steady state tuning, i.e. tuning of ignition and fuel at a certain RPM. You can also use it when adjusting PID parameters on the brake and I'm sure many other scenarios too, but steady state tuning is the most important usage.

For the comparison of one run with another, you need to watch the graphs in the results window. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2019 6:01 pm
Page 16 / 16
Share:
Select your currency
NOK Norwegian krone
EUR Euro

Working

Please Login or Register