Notifications
Clear all

Help Needed: YourDyno kit and Hysteresis brake setup

5 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@maxdyno)
Topic starter

We're thinking to use YourDyno kit with a hysteresis brake. 

We're thinking to choose a model: BHB-5 from valid magnetics with a 5 Nm torque rating, 25,000 RPM, and 2kW.  ( https://www.validmagnetics.com/component/jshopping/bhb.html)

Can we setup YourDyno kit with this particular hysteresis brake? 

Following are the parameters of our motor for reference: 

Maximum RPM: 25,000 RPM
Torque Range: 0.5 Nm to 3 Nm
Power: 2000W

We're very new to dynamometers and we need help with the YourDyno kit and brake selection and initial setup. I would really appreciate your remarks/suggestions so we can move forward with the purchase. 

Posted : 28/02/2021 10:10 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi, I have never seen those in action, but I checked the specs and it looks all good! One thing to think about is that you will need a bearing on each end of the brake, such that you can mount the load cell on body. The shaft on one side may be a bit short? 

You will need a 0-24V power supply. The easiest is to use a fixed 24V power supply (or battery) and a dc motor speed controller.

Let us know how the project is going!

Posted : 28/02/2021 11:57 pm
(@maxdyno)
Topic starter

Great, thanks for the help!

BHB-5A Specs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/18MMRaVlU5Rdk9-5qwq2_Paxhj7tHE10p/view?usp=sharing

Can you check the specs/drawing and help with the steps needed to set this up with the YourDyno kit? or direct me to the relevant guide/article? 

Posted : 01/03/2021 6:10 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Looks good, there seems to be room for a bearing on each side.

Then what you need is the Instrument kit and RPM sensor from YourDyno. You also need a load cell, but that will be really small (can calculate the size from the max brake torque and load arm length). The smallest one I have is 20kg, which is too much. In addition you need a power supply, for example a DC motor controller that can be controlled by a servo input or an analog voltage. 

Posted : 01/03/2021 8:52 pm
(@maxdyno)
Topic starter

Thanks, I'll do more research and devise a solution for this setup. I'll also run through this solution with you before placing the final order. 

Posted : 01/03/2021 10:15 pm
Jostein reacted
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar