Notifications
Clear all

An other bosch fla 203 conversion

66 Posts
7 Users
2 Likes
(@ivanro_jo)
Topic starter

HI all, my name is Ivan I am from  Spain, i want to share with  all of you my dyno conversion to yourdyno.

First of all i want to thank Jostein all the help and to be so patient with me.

The dyno room:

[img] [/img]

I am using bosch fla load cell, here you can see how i  connected it to yourdyno:

[img] [/img][/url]

I am using rpm sensor from yourdyno with original trigger wheel but with  every 2 tooth removed having 50 teeths.

[img] [/img]

I am even using original sensor place with a spacer for having 2mm room between sensor and wheel.

A picture of jumps on boards:

img] [/img]

Here is a picture of my power supply where brake wires control must to be connected, is has polarity at least on my set up if wires are connected on opossite way it doesnt work.

I have connected brake directly from yourdyno box, so my maximum brake power is 5v thats means i have just half power of my brake (fla work 0-10v), i have to make circuit as it is explained on forum by Jostein for having full power 10 v.

[img] [/img]

Innovate lambda controller installed:

[img] [/img]

First runs:

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

[img] [/img]

I have set MOI to 10.7 and calibration are made with a weight of 100 kg, my power factor correction is set to 15 % , reading looks quite real and accurate with this set up.

Next week i will change all ball bearing and i will tried to claculate MOI again.

Numbers of fla ball bearings are SN210 FAG and it has 6 of them.

Best regards!

Posted : 29/03/2020 9:01 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Looks good, Ivan! Thanks for the write-up!

Posted : 29/03/2020 10:17 pm
(@mach_1)

Welcome to the forum Ivan, ivan isn't really a Spain name but that's fine. Keep the information and picture's coming. Subscribe to this thread.

What electric brake retarder does the bosch FLA203 chassis dynamometer have in it ? 

Bye

This post was modified 4 years ago by Mach_1

Posted : 30/03/2020 4:07 am
(@tutuur)
Enthousiast

Nice build Ivan!

I've got a FLA aswell, should ready update my thread!

What PID settings have you used? Got mine connected the same atm but still struggling with pids.

Posted : 30/03/2020 9:01 pm
(@ivanro_jo)
Topic starter

I dindt change pid already, are you using 5v or 10v?

Posted : 30/03/2020 11:08 pm
(@ivanro_jo)
Topic starter

Hello i have calibrated with the help of a good friend my dyno pid setting today, i get a superfast and stable respond, take in mind that i am using just 5v (which is more than enough for braking an engine with 170 hp, the one used it for calibrating pid) maybe with 10v parameters will be different.

kp:1.6

Ki: 0.7

Kd:0

With this setup  my steady error is arround 100 rpm but it is corrected very fast.

Now dyno is superusefull for tuning on steady state.

By the way which value on power correction factor do you guys use on your fla?

i am using 15% and looks quite accurate, simetimes looks little  low sometimes looks little high, anyway with an error of max +-5%

BR.

Posted : 03/04/2020 12:44 am
(@walter)

good job right there!! 🍻 

Posted : 03/04/2020 1:42 am
(@tutuur)
Enthousiast

Thanks for the pid settings, will try them on my dyno, yes I'm using 5V aswell. Cars with 500nm torque I'm around 70% of the retarder (on 5V).

I'm currently at:

kp:0.8

Ki: 0.4

Kd:0

But its just too slow.

I'm using 15% aswell, and add rolling resistance on top of that. I mainly dyno/tune Renaults and they are all within 5bhp from factory spec.

Posted : 05/04/2020 10:16 am
(@ivanro_jo)
Topic starter

Perfect, it is the same corrections  i am using so my dyno runs numbers should to be ok as i guess,  try my setup and let me know i am very happy with it.

Btw where are you from tutuur?

Posted : 05/04/2020 6:59 pm
(@tutuur)
Enthousiast

Netherlands mate 🙂

my loadcell isn’t calibrated properly yet, within a few kg’s but haven’t done it very scientifically.

didn’t have a weight so I’ve just weighed myself, put some angle iron on the torque arm exactly above the loadcell and just stood on it free handed :p

2 cars to tune tomorrow so will see how your settings will react.

Posted : 10/04/2020 7:07 pm
(@ivanro_jo)
Topic starter

If you see arround 0 kg and 0 nm without weight whould to be ok, i see arround 0 -+1kg and +- 10 nm depend on the moment.

Yeah let me know.

Posted : 11/04/2020 1:42 am
(@tutuur)
Enthousiast

Settings work way better then what I had before. Still oscilations a little bit but atleast it responds to differences very well 🙂

At 0 load it will always display around those values, however full on there could be a difference of +-10nm, ah well, its just a tool in the end.

Posted : 12/04/2020 4:05 pm
(@ivanro_jo)
Topic starter

Great to know it, you can play now a little bit arround those values for finding correct set up for your dyno.

Posted : 12/04/2020 4:51 pm
(@walter)

Anda! no habia leido bien que eras de España!. Bienvenido! 🙂

Posted : 12/04/2020 5:27 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Guys you can add a bit of Kd too for stability even for eddy brakes. Can start with 0.05.

Posted : 12/04/2020 6:36 pm
Page 1 / 5
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar