Notifications
Clear all

Drag Racing Christmas Tree Pluging (from USB Relay Board)  

RSS
(@kessel-one)

Hi,

I used the well developed Relay Board plugin and started to modify it to be able to create a drag racing simulator. It is using the board to control the so called christmas tree (=the starting light).

On top I want to use it to measure the time and control the dyno to simulate drag. I could use some help with the development. Who would like to have a look and contribute? How shall I upload a work-in-progress project?

regards, Thomas

Posted : 25/12/2019 3:34 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard Moderator

If you wanted to start a public github repo for the plugin I could help but iv got very limited still.

Basically youd then take the speed/distance plugin so you can work out 1/4 mile distance and time how long it takes from the green on your tree.
Last bit of the puzzle would be to have a simulated car weight/load on the brake.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/12/2019 6:34 am
(@kessel-one)

Hi,

Here is my first ever GitHub repo. If somebody wants to have a look or contribute, feel free to change whatever you want. I appreciate the YourDyno software very much and especially the possibilities for using plugins is great.

https://github.com/kesselone/Drag-Race

regards, Thomas

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30/12/2019 6:21 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard Moderator

Looks like you have made a good start.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/01/2020 12:03 am
(@kessel-one)

Ok, I started over again. This time I based it on the Speed and Distance plugin and used the USB Relay plugin as a reference. Much cleaner now. As the whole architecture changed, I started a completely new repo. I will deactivate the other one:

https://github.com/kesselone/Drag-Racing-Plugin

regards, Thomas

ReplyQuote
Posted : 09/01/2020 5:03 pm
(@freek-corsa)

@kessel-one

Thank you for sharing your project.

I tried to use the dragrace plugin, but could not find how I should install and use the programm.

I have the USB Relay 8-Channel connected, the plugin works, I can switch the relays.

The speed and distance plugin works.

Please don't hate me for asking, what should I do to make it work?

We want to dragrace on the dyno as a birthday present  😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2020 8:21 pm
(@kessel-one)

Well, this is far away from being finished. I guess you shouldn't install USB Relay or Speed and distance as this will most probably disturb this plugin. The whole drag racing control part for the Dyno is missing. I was hoping for some help from another developer. Didn't have much time for this plugin recently.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29/06/2020 10:17 pm
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar