(@peter)
Topic starter

hi

rpm input ?

i currently use a rpm converter on my DTEC inertia dyno

i can read rpm from spark plugs

coils

read from ecu also 

if your just using roller as main rpm input ,, slippage... cause bhp/torque/rpm/ time error

what system as rpm engine input is your dyno using

ps. 

multi spark per rpm ...eg harley fire twice in 1 rpm

Posted : 04/06/2018 12:05 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi,

The system uses roller RPM only. You need to either enter the gear ratio or let the system calculate the gear ratio, from there you get engine RPM.

Posted : 05/06/2018 10:42 pm
(@walter)

ive used on my old dyno an inductive clamp for rpm. you can use obd for take rpm too but i when i tested some cars with a lot of tracction losses, it Will not worth as test, on yourdyno i asume Will make a weird pull dyno sheet but anyway if you have good rpm Reading and you still have traction losses problems, you cant get a good test. i think i Will be worried first to get all cars dont loost traction for get better readings on the dyno.

Posted : 06/06/2018 10:14 am
(@peter)
Topic starter

Hi

Wheel spin

Www.bike-dyno.com.au

Is my mobile motor cycle dyno

I use an Australian system Dtec version 2

Has lot features

Can plot wheel spin. Vs roller rpm/ tourque

I have spend many hours / months bug fixing this system

Your dyno

Best feature is able to control a load cell ... eddy current

I'm tying to justify the $1000 aud 

Posted : 06/06/2018 3:08 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Yes, lots of requests for using one RPM input for engine RPM and the other for roller RPM. It is next on the to-do list, just very busy times now. 

Posted : 06/06/2018 6:47 pm
(@retrotune)

will this issue be addressed on version 4 to use engine as well as wheel speed rpm

Posted : 14/06/2018 8:35 am
(@admin)
Member Admin

Yes. It is just a software update.

Posted : 16/06/2018 12:21 am
(@retrotune)

Brilliant the addition would make this even more accurate

Posted : 16/06/2018 3:10 am
(@mach_1)

Dtec gauges/graphs screen display look awesome but Darren no long does dyno load control Darren only sells inertia dyno software/hardwre his main guy who did the electronics hardware and software suddenly passed away. 

Posted : 16/06/2018 8:40 am
(@walter)

Posted by: admin

Yes. It is just a software update.

What speed sensor would do you recommend

Posted : 16/06/2018 10:09 am
(@mach_1)

Would be nice just to interface on the ignition coil negative side and inform the siftware what it is reading ( ie different ignition systems 2,3,4,5,6,,,,,12 cylinder engines,  waste spark so on. ) so it graphs side by side with differential speed and  engine RPM. 

Posted : 17/06/2018 8:38 am
(@admin)
Member Admin

I agree it nice with a feature to input wasted spark, etc. I will include this. 

The signal that is connected to YourDyno must be a 0-5V signal. There are a few options.

1. It can come from the primary side of the coil (12V) with a simple 5.1V zener + 1k resistor circuit to convert to 0-5V.
  2. Hall effect sensors like the one used by YourDyno can also detect current pulses, so it may be possible to just tape a standard YourDyno sensor to the spark plug wire. I will test a bit.
  3. Lots of ECUs have a tach output that you can connect to. 
  4. Anything else that produces a 0-5V signal with a frequency that follows the engine speed.

Posted : 17/06/2018 11:11 pm
(@walter)

just asking..it's not posible to convert using rpm signal to show speed? with rpm and gear ratio it's not posible maybe? 

Posted : 17/06/2018 11:27 pm
(@mach_1)

Posted by: admin

I agree it nice with a feature to input wasted spark, etc. I will include this. 

The signal that is connected to YourDyno must be a 0-5V signal. There are a few options.

1. It can come from the primary side of the coil (12V) with a simple 5.1V zener + 1k resistor circuit to convert to 0-5V.
  2. Hall effect sensors like the one used by YourDyno can also detect current pulses, so it may be possible to just tape a standard YourDyno sensor to the spark plug wire. I will test a bit.
  3. Lots of ECUs have a tach output that you can connect to. 
  4. Anything else that produces a 0-5V signal with a frequency that follows the engine speed.

Like you said ,Yes nearly all(most) vehicles have a tacho out in the engine bay and understand  its a 12Volt need to be stepped down to a 5 volt signal to interface with yourdyno hardware.

The issue i see using " Hall effect sensors like the one used by YourDyno can " with a lot of cars/motorcycles and engines the spark plug wires which are hidden under manifolds and covers and not to mention the coil_on_plug arrangements on a lot of  cars too,  which are difficult to access.

Be nice if you could somehow canbus the OBD2 into the yourdyno on one of the inputs.

Posted : 18/06/2018 1:12 am
Share:
Select your currency