Notifications
Clear all

Oil Pressure Sensor

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Reactions
(@james-meyers)
Topic starter

Trying to get my oil pressure sensor hooked up and can't get it to work.  Bought this sensor, https://lowdoller-motorsports.com/collections/pressure-sensors/products/pn-8990150-0-150-psi-pressure-sensor.   

It needs 5 volts, ground then the signal wire should go back to a data logger or ECU.  when I wire this in it shows 4.5 volts on the signal wire all the time.  Do I need to use a voltage divider circuit with a resistor in the 5 volt power supply line?  Or if I use the 5 volt power supply from load cell 2 will it work?

Thanks in advance.

Posted : 25/08/2022 4:32 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi,

I checked the spec and this sensor shall be ok to connect directly to one of the Aux inputs on the YourDyno box. Using the 5V output on LoadCell2 is fine. 

Check with a multimeter if the reading really is 4.5V when connected to YourDyno, and when not connected. 

Posted : 27/08/2022 5:23 pm
(@james-meyers)
Topic starter

Thanks for the quick response.  I wired it the way you described and had the same thing.  Then went and checked which pins I had power and ground running to on the sensor and noticed I had them switched.  

So switched the 5 volt reference and the ground wire and everything works as it should!!

Posted : 27/08/2022 11:20 pm
Jostein reacted
Share:
Select your currency