[Sticky] Latest software version
I support the previous message.
There is also a proposal for the boost graph to be displayed on the general graph and not in a separate window at the bottom.
.CSV file of a session
Got RPM reading issue after update:
As you see, RPM go skyrocket after few seconds after controller reboot.
Using build-in DynoMite RPM sensor (one pulse per revolution) - had no RPM-related issues in older FW/SW version.
@mr-y, I don't know exactly what is going on there, but my guess is a faulty RPM signal. If you send me a raw .log file (firstname.lastname@example.org) then I can take a look.
Also, for your main RPM input you must use a trigger wheel. 1 pulse per revolution will not give enough updates to calculate the acceleration torque. See brake/Roller RPM sensors - YourDyno.com
@admin engine idles @ about 1000RPM, dyno reads 120K+ RPM... unplug USB, plug USB (reset controller) - dyno reads correct RPM for 2-3 seconds (about 975) and then reads 120K RPMs again... Same sensor worked fine before FW/SW update.
As for acceleration torque - does it matter on water brake engine dyno?
@mr-y Yes, I see that, but something is wrong in the setup. Send me a raw log file and save your options using Options->Backup options to file, and send me the config file too.
If you turn off compensation for inertia effects during acceleration then it will work with 1 pulse per revolution. For water brakes the inertia is quite low, so the error is not very large. But better to have a proper trigger wheel so you can turn on the acceleration effect calculation.
YourDyno version 3.2.128 was released today.
- Added a math channel plugin! See this video for a presentation of the capabilities 😎
- Added a new option to the Brake sweep mode, where you can enter % brake change per second, in addition to the RPM per second. The benefit of the % brake per second is that it does not watch the RPM what so ever when changing the brake, so you can get completely smooth brake change over time. This can be useful for slow responding systems
- Added ability to select if the Environmental correction shall apply to both Wheel power/torque and Engine power/torque, or only to Engine power/torque
- Fixed a bug when "Brake off" was selected and ramp up brake before run starts was defined (not a normal combination). Brake would in this case turn on, but this is corrected. Now if Brake off is selected, brake remains off, even if ramp up brake is defined
Enjoy those math channels! Cool to hear what new channels you guys define, there are a lot of opportunities.
with the two lastest software updates, I must stop the rum manually, even if I set it to stop automatically in the settings...
it there an additional setting that I'm missing?
happened yesterday to me with 3.2.125
@admin Measured 5V line to RPM sensor today - reads only about 3V. Definately not update-related problem. Will contact you via email if necessary once will have access to controller in person (dyno locates in other city). Thank you!
YourDyno version 3.2.129 is released today. It contains a few small bug fixes:
- Fixed a bug in Auto start/stop for Inertia dynos
- Fixed a bug where the correction factor would show 0.0 in the Run window before a run was started. The bug was just cosmetic, the correction factor was correctly applied
- Fixed a bug when saving/reading back a csv file after the graph had been cropped in the Results vs Time window
- Added a setting "rawLogIsBeingImported", which can be used by plugins to disable for example turning on/off switches etc based on channel values when importing a log
Hi need a bit of help
yesterday I updated to the latest software now my van that usually reads 120hp is doin 24000hp lol not shore what’s different I’ve checked all my settings and they all seem the same
anybhelp appreciated guys