[Sticky] Latest software version
Also, the torque arm length doesnt seem to save occasionally in version 75. I have gone back to 59 and all saved now. This is probably not something people change very often.
Software version 3.2.79 (beta) was released today. It provides some nice features 😎 :
- A much easier way to install and de-install plugins. You now do it via the installer where you select which plugins you want to install. You can also open the installer again and remove the plugins you want to remove
- Wheel HP and Wheel Torque are shown in the table below the graphs if only wheel HP/Torque are selected
- Support for 4 brakes (4 load cells) with 2 RPM sensors. This is used for very large dynos that require multiple brakes per wheel/axel. As for a 4WD hub dyno it requires 2 YourDyno boxes
- Ability to span the Run window with gauges over several monitors. Just drag the window to fit, arrange the gauges. Setup is saved automatically
- Ability to play back a raw log file in real time. With possibility to stop recording at a certain point in the run
- New plugin format such that plugins can read and respond to data from other plugins
Looks like a lot of new nice extra features. I think I still have three very nice additional features which I like to include in the software.
- For the relay board it would be nice if you can include hotkeys for relay outputs so I can use the relays which start my fan and exhaust ventilation system. As an addition it might be handy to use roller speeds and lambda to stop and start the cooling fan and exhaust system so my relays. For example, the fan will start after seeing speed and the ventilation after seeing lambda. So adding function for the relays might help.
- Stored retardation run number to understand driving losses compared to other cars. might help by debugging low power outputs and or extreme drivetrain losses. Also doing runs with only rollers there should be a standard fixed retardation value for comparing the losses in the dyno itself to measure wheel power for example for motorcycles where you can't measure real losses.
- Also, some table where you can compensate for the non-linearity of the brake you add to the system. For example, to make PID control better. Making a table with different Voltages against output in % of the brake. When ending the run, I am limited to 50% braking power while 50% 2,5 volts is not doing much braking in my setup. While 80% and 90% is a big different. My brake system is very progressive related to its voltage.
Hotkeys for the relay board; good idea. The other request is already supported with the KMTronic relay, you can use any data channel to control the relays.
Plotting the retardation loss is a good idea. You can of course look at engine Power vs wheel power, but if you also have a power correction factor then you cannot easily see which is which.
You can set the brake % up to 100% now since a few versions ago for the retardation after ending a run. The control voltage vs brake force idea can be done relatively easily. This should not be needed in an eddy brake setup, but certain other brakes are very non-linear. What kind of brake do you have?
Hi not sure if it is a bug but with last version, i have noticed that with engine power and hp power selected, it shows wheel hp and torque on the bottom of window, if i unclick and click run it changes to correct engine values.
BTW i like the idea of DIederik about relays, for kmtronic relay we will need a specific plug in?
Software version 3.2.79 (beta) do not install on win7 x64.
YourDino setup ended prematurely because of an error.
Your system has not been modified. To install this program
at a later time, please run the installation again.
Version 3.2.86 is out. Changes:
- Ability to ramp up the brake to a fixed starting value. Brake ramps up linearly such that it reaches the set starting brake at the start RPM (for example if start brake is set to 20% and start RPM is 4000 RPM, the brake will be at 10% at 2000 RPM). This can remove the need to have a stabilization period at the beginning of the run, you can just start straight on the ramp and go full throttle before it reaches the start RPM
- Fixed a bug on some x64 installations which would show a cryptic error message about emSize > 0 in the Run window
- Fixed a bug where the results table below the runs would by default show Wheel HP/Torque instead of Engine HP/Torque after a run