Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] difficulty uninstalling yourdyno software

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@autoinst)
Topic starter

I have spent a few hours trying to uninstall due to charting not appearing properly in yourdyno, I had installed the beta software 3.3.67 last week, the uninstall got stuck halfway through, now it doesnt show its installed anymore in the windows apps, but trying to install it fresh it gives the error "This installation is forbidden by system policy" so I got a bit stuck.

Ive since tried saving a backup and deleting the folders: "Fonneland_Engineering_AS" "...x86)/YourDyno" "YourDyno cfg" "YourDynoPlugins" folders, this didnt fix it, Ive tried the previous stable version, and it gets a different error of "a more recent version is already installed" and cant proceed.

Since that ive deleted every registry key with yourdyno and fonneland contained in it, and its still the same although now some downloaded files need confirmation just to download which didnt used to happen 🙁 ugg

Anyway I still cant install any version of yourdyno and cant see where it has hidden the info to prohibit it. I have since installed a few other apps just to see that my windows installation isnt fully broken and that all went ok.

Anyone have an idea?

Posted : 27/01/2024 11:59 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

Hi, 

Normally you can just use the installer like any other program to install and uninstall. No file deletion or messing with the registry.

I have never seen the "Forbidden by system policy..." message, but I did a quick google search and it looks like this is a general Windows problem for some PCs. See for example: 

7 Ways to Fix "This Installation Is Forbidden by System Policy" Error on Windows (makeuseof.com)

Do any of them help? 

Posted : 29/01/2024 9:44 am
(@autoinst)
Topic starter

Jostein, thanks for the suggestion.

I have done all the 7 on the list unfortunately still the same result, same error message. I dont really want to do a windows reinstall because I have quite a few apps installed, that will cost me maybe a day to reinstall including 9 ECU tuning apps and all the updates to everything.

The only other thing I noticed different about the pc is the browser started asking me to click "Keep" on some downloads which it never ever used to do, so I wonder if its related.

Any other thoughts

Posted : 29/01/2024 12:41 pm
(@autoinst)
Topic starter

p.s. the installer .exe never gives the option to uninstall.

Posted : 29/01/2024 12:43 pm
(@admin)
Member Admin

With all the manual stuff you did in the registry and the files, the install may be in an unknown state now. But normally you uninstall by going to the "Apps and features" in Windows, select YourDyno from the list and click Uninstall. In this list you will also see which version you have installed.

Did you try to download the installer again? 

Windows does a system restore snapshot whenever you install a program. You can try to go back and install again.

If you are still stuck, send me a message on whatsapp +47 4840 1279 or jostein@yourdyno.com, and I can login and take a look. Install Ultraviewer first, https://www.ultraviewer.net/en/UltraViewer_setup_6.6_en.exe

Posted : 29/01/2024 1:10 pm
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar