Q&A Forum

Notifications
Clear all

[Chit Chat] How did you get into cars/racing?

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Obviously to be here you must have some interest in cars.
So what's your background, how did you get started and what do you have now?

Ill start off.
Fist got into cars when I was 16 and got my first car (Mitibushi GSR Turbo), Got it for $500 and it lasted me 5 months before it threw a rod.
I bought another car (Honda Integra DA6) that I planned to use as a daily while I fixed up the GSR and turned it into a race car.
Things didn't quite go that way tho with the Honda handling and being faster then the GSR was so the Honda ended up being my race car. And sold the GSR and got a scooter.

The only races back then were hill climb or hill decent sprints.
Being 1.6L it was quite a bit under powered for hill climbs and I would usually finish around the middle.
Tried my hand a hill decent and did much better there usually finishing 3rd - 5th.
This is where I first learnt of tuning and chipping ECUs since I was after more power.
Took it from 160hp to 174hp.

Had a bit of a opps and that was the end of that car.

Picked up another shell for cheap and swapped the motor and box over.

Sort of lost my nerve for hill decent after that and stuck to street sprints and hill climbs.

Kept that car for 6 years until I got board.
Traded it with a friend for this beast. Honda City T2 Turbo

Managed to push it to 200hp on 21psi of boost.
Did 13.6 1/4 mile.

Had that for a few years but was a mission keeping the rust out of it.
Swapped it with some cash the other way for what I currently use as my daily now.

Euro R.

215hp

Does 13.2 down the 1/4 mile.

Wasn't exactly a race car so a few months later I picked up a supercharged EH9 civic for $3000.
Was a bit of a let down since stock it was 150hp and after tuning and water injection it only just got to 200hp on 12psi.
So I tore down the motor, rebuilt the SC and fitted a turbo to it as well.

465hp on 28psi

Its way to dangerous to use for any other kind of racing then drag racing.
Does a 149mph trap speed and 11.2 sec. 1st / 2nd / 3rd gear being basically useless.

Had this car for about 3 years now.

As you can tell I'm a bit of a Honda nut. I have had lots of other cars also but nothing really worth mentioning.

This topic was modified 5 years ago by bmgjet

Posted : 24/01/2019 6:27 am
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar