Notifications
Clear all

An other bosch fla 203 conversion  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS
(@mach_1)

Hp is a function of torque they both affect traction. I can hold it in stready state and ramp rate mode redardless no traction issues.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/05/2020 11:27 am
(@rared)
Posted by: @mach_1

Hp is a function of torque they both affect traction.

Thanks for the clarification, I'll make a note of that

Posted by: @mach_1

I can hold it in st(r)eady state and ramp rate mode re(g)(d)ardless no traction issues.

Well, maybe then you need to educate the OP on how to hold 700hp, steady state ...... by extrapolation he's struggling holding a lot less, unless his 'diesel BMW' is pulling 8308 rpm ..... strapped down, full of people !

[442.5 lbs ft (~600nm) x rpm :- 5252]

And with that, I'm out ...... 🤪 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 18/05/2020 10:38 pm
(@mach_1)

PMSFL .....  why does everything have to turn into a pissing contest  ?

Think about it people  in the back seat equals downward force of what " the sum of the peoples weight"  im sure if you put 100 people in the back seat you won't get tyre slippage ! " I'm  being sarcastic here!"  i see so many people tie  vehicles incorrectly on chassis dynos!

if i say i can believe me i can hold it on my DD650max  chassis dyno.  Don't know what your dyno is ? Maybe you can shed some information on you unit you use ?

Setting mixtures on carburetors on WOT on 700Bhp engines on steady state mode  for the last 30 years is a no biggy. 

If i shifted gears down the quarter mile drag_strip at my engines maximum torque_rpm ? I would be losing all my races! LOL !

I'm not into dyno competition's I'm into drag_racing !

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by Mach_1
ReplyQuote
Posted : 19/05/2020 12:59 am
(@ivanro_jo)

@mach_1

What do you think will be the correct way of strap cars on dyno? it is something i wonder a lot.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/05/2020 3:06 pm
(@mach_1)
Posted by: @ivanro_jo

@mach_1

What do you think will be the correct way of strap cars on dyno? it is something i wonder a lot.

Ok , you tell me  what chassis dyno you're using. Full roller dyno length ,  two rollers, one roller , four rollers coupled front and rear rollers , independent front and rear rollers un_coupled..... then i will go into what works on my DD650max chassis dyno.

Tell me how you tire your solid rear axle vehicle down. Then i will tell you my system  " as i stated already copied DD's system' " no secret!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 2:14 am
(@mach_1)

Ok , chassis dyno design will influence how you tire the vehicle down but you will get the idea. 

This is the method i use on my DD650max chassis dyno.

It's very self explanatory view DD's utube link

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_k9mu3Q_1I&t=183s

This works for me! And my style of chassis dyno!

This post was modified 7 days ago by Mach_1
ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 2:31 am
(@mach_1)

This system allows you to apply as much downward force you need as per application , no need to seat 100 people in the back seat of the vehicle  being dyno tested !

Some chassis dynos might need some form of alterations/fabrication engineering work to adapt DD's strapping system to work on another chassis dyno style. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 2:45 am
(@walter)

that setup will be good if you use ramps and dyno is not in the ground. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 12:38 pm
(@mach_1)

Lol my chassis dyno is in the ground ....... and have mounting points for different  wheel base lengths for front wheels also in the concrete..... where there is a will there is a way!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 2:56 pm
(@walter)

cool then! post some pictures, may help to someone with similar dynos and slippage problems!

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 3:40 pm
(@mach_1)

A bosch fla 203 is similar to a DD650max ? How so ?  The utube clip is worth a 1000 pictures. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/05/2020 4:39 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share:
Select your currency
EUR Euro
USD United States (US) dollar