[Plugin] ScanTool

174 Posts
19 Users
23 Likes
33.3 K Views
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

No worries, Was worth a try and my goal is to support every ecu I can.

Was hoping to release update A16 today with the serial hub stuff in it since works flawlessly on the test bench.
I just finished off testing it all on the dyno in live tuning conditions and there are far too many bugs in its current state that crash both serial hub and YourDyno if you click something in the wrong order. Or it loses connection during a run. So will be a little further off.
But I can say this, its a bit of a game changer.
Usually doing a ECU I have to wire my wideband into the ECU. Injecting the Dynos wideband into the datalogging stream I dont have to do that anymore.
And the latest beta of YourDyno allows you to sync the rpm with the datalogging streams so that makes it perfectly accurate compared to trying to hold car at XXXX rpm and click set ratio button.

Posted : 23/02/2019 4:48 am
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Demo Video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l51eU9-9huQ

Posted : 23/02/2019 10:41 am
(@walter)

thats really good, can be added a oil temp or oil press sensor too! 

Posted : 24/02/2019 11:36 am
(@walter)

Nice! i have a question, how do i can put a temperatura sensor that Works with resistance with the ecu? i means, since these inputs Works 0-5v, how do i can install a temp oil sensor?

Posted : 27/02/2019 1:43 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

If your wiring straight into ecu or using aux1/2/3 youd need an adapter to convert resistance range to voltage.
Other wise im using the EGT input on yourdyno for temperature stuff. should work with oil pressure resistance but dont quote me on that yet since havnt fully looked into it yet. More inputs will be added soon once I get the CAN EGT stuff to work on with my plugin.

This post was modified 5 years ago by bmgjet

Posted : 27/02/2019 11:59 pm
(@mjpower)

You need to hook a resistor between the signal side of the sensor and 5v to give you a voltage signal to the analog input channel if the ecu doesnt have pullup on that channel...

i see now you talk about yourdyno. Same goes here, calculate the right resistor and wire between signal and 5v...

Posted : 03/03/2019 2:24 am
 Dev
(@dev)

Is it possible that Wireless ELM interfaces can be supported?

I had a quick look today and nothing appeared in the list of Com ports etc when i connected to my interface.

Thanks!

Posted : 07/03/2019 8:35 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

They work completely differently. More like how tcp works with serial hub app so connection would be made with an IP and port number. Do you have any technical info on it's protocol or one u could send me to reverse enginer.

Posted : 07/03/2019 9:56 pm
 Dev
(@dev)

They are really cheap on eBay here in the UK, I think you are in Oz? 

What abor Bluetooth?  I have one of those somewhere. 

Posted : 07/03/2019 10:08 pm
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

Bluetooth will work since it makes a com port. Have tested elm 1.5 Bluetooth adapter in workshop

Posted : 07/03/2019 10:09 pm
 Dev
(@dev)

Ok great I will try that tomorrow. 

No point reversing Wifi if by works! 

Posted : 07/03/2019 10:12 pm
(@mjpower)

Hah, i have a car with ecumaster emu black in it on the dyno today, that ecu has obd support, hooked can high and low to my chinese elm327, and sure as heck. All info on, rpm, ect, iat, timing, map etc was available.... slow update speed on that chinaman, but it worked...  😀😀😀

Posted : 08/03/2019 12:20 am
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

The slider on the 3rd tab you can change the update speed. Most Chinese adapters will have issues going faster then 250ms. And that time is per sensor poll. So if you have every sensor logging will be really slow. Stick to just 1-3 sensors that are most important when using Chinese adapter.

Posted : 08/03/2019 12:25 am
MjPower reacted
(@bmgjet)
Dyno Wizard
Topic starter

UPDATE: A17

Fixed a lot of bugs, still heaps left.
Added settings page,
Added placeholder tab for knock/rpm input using sound card.
Includes Serial Hub with lots of bug fixes.

This post was modified 5 years ago by bmgjet

Posted : 10/03/2019 10:43 am
Dev reacted
(@walter)

more info about that knock/rpm option using sound card? i means how does it Will Works exactly? sounds good!

Posted : 10/03/2019 6:08 pm
Page 8 / 12
Share:
Select your currency