(@captndiet)
Topic starter

That is good to know Eric.

Thank you for sharing your brain !

Jeff

Posted : 12/12/2019 11:11 pm
(@eric91)

It is the minimum that I can do. 

If your engine don't have brutal torque increase maybe pid control can be suitable. You must try.

Let me know if you have news about your dyno.

Another suggestion: if you do not have oil radiato and if you do not live in Alaska, is better 64 hydraulic oil than common 32 hydr. oil. 

Posted : 12/12/2019 11:18 pm
(@captndiet)
Topic starter

I have ISO100

Posted : 12/12/2019 11:23 pm
(@captndiet)
Topic starter

Eric

What RPM per second do you run when doing a brake sweep?

Jeff

Posted : 20/12/2019 4:33 am
(@eric91)

About 100 rpm/sec.

Look my sex room 

Posted : 20/12/2019 11:06 am
(@eric91)

Posted : 20/12/2019 11:09 am
(@eric91)

Posted : 20/12/2019 11:09 am
(@captndiet)
Topic starter

Nice !!!!

How are you handling the air in / air out?

Do you use a fan on the exhaust tube ?

Jeff

Posted : 20/12/2019 3:33 pm
(@mjpower)

What you'd want for this kind of aplication is a pilot operated proportional pressure relief valve.... 

once you start thinking that way it makes a lot of sense.... 

Posted : 20/12/2019 11:09 pm
(@eric91)

I use 2 fan, one in the exhaust silencer and one at the top of the room to drive out any other exhaust smoke. But in not completely satisfacted, there is a lot of smoke aniway. 

Posted : 21/12/2019 11:06 am
(@captndiet)
Topic starter

Eric

The amount of airflow the manufacturers recommend is much higher than your or I would imagine.

“With a dynamometer test cell, we want the air to change eight to ten times a minute, and it needs to go across the engine. I’ve been in test cells before where I walk around and the air comes out of the ceiling, goes straight across the floor, and out the back – the engine never sees it. You need to figure out the cubic feet of the room and multiply it by ten to determine the volume of air you need to properly feed the engine,” (Bret Williamson @ SuperFlow Dynos)

https://www.enginelabs.com/news/aetc-2013-superflow-discusses-dyno-layout-design-achieving-results/

Small Engine Cell = 8' wide x 8' deep x 8' high, CFM calculations work out to a minimum of 5,000 for a small engine cell. (Land & Sea Dynos)

https://www.dynomitedynamometer.com/dyno-tech-talk/dynamometer_test_cell_consruction.htm

Hitting these flow numbers would not be hard for me, but keeping the incoming air temperature stable would be.

Jeff

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by captndiet

Posted : 22/12/2019 5:46 pm
(@eric91)

The fan that drive out exhaust gasses is about 2000 m3/h. The fan that drive out air in my dyno cell is about 1800m3/h 220v. I think it is difficult to have 10 times bigger fan with home electric system.

I work out of the dyno cell. Today I sealed the cell and I have done some test. In garage no smoke and little smell inside dyno cell. 

Posted : 23/12/2019 1:24 am
(@mach_1)

Hi captndiet how is your build coming along  ?

"DYNO ROOM CFM DEMANDS" fresh air supply to a enclosed  dyno_room is very tricky.

Nothing beats a direct ducting air system to outside atmospheric air pressure source hanging over the test engine intake . But you might drive your neighborhood crazy.

Like Eric mention home dyno rooms are limited with house hold power supplies avaliable to tester.

From memory I think Eric was developing his 125cc gokart racing engines. Which a 125cc engine compared to a 500cuin prostock engine will have totally different demands for dyno_cell build.

I have a PDF file somewhere that superflow have well documented the process of setup a dyno_cell just have to located it and post it up here on the forum_board. 

Have a look at this nice setup

http://www.theoldone.com/articles/Dyno_Room/building_a_dyno_roomfinal.htm

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

This post was modified 5 years ago by Mach_1

Posted : 25/12/2019 3:27 am
(@eric91)

Hi, if you will find the pdf post here, it is usefull. Yoday I added the 2nd fan to drive out air from dyno cell, now the 2 fan drives out air at 3700m3/h, so the air in the dyno room changes 5 time for minute. 

Posted : 16/01/2020 10:36 pm
(@mach_1)

Posted by: eric91

Hi, if you will find the pdf post here, it is usefull. Yoday I added the 2nd fan to drive out air from dyno cell, now the 2 fan drives out air at 3700m3/h, so the air in the dyno room changes 5 time for minute. 

Sorry for the long delay had to search back all the way to the year 2009, I just hope the files ain't to large. Here it goes and if it fails I will email the files to Jostein and he can post them. Fingers crossed and it works now! I have two files to post happy reading.

Posted : 18/01/2020 1:05 am
Page 2 / 3
Share:
Select your currency